The 24 Elders in Revelation are NOT the anointed......

by EndofMysteries 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

Oh I 'get you'. no, no. We were previously discussing this. the 24 elders.

I would be inclined to think that they have very special qualities, if they are '' first fruits of the earth, gifts to God''. Which is what got me on this train of thought originally. Also there are only 24, which I think gives further emphasis of how precious they are. Quality, not quantity.

When Jesus was resurrected (correct me if I'm wrong, this is from memory

He was seen with Moses and Isiah ? what would be the symbolic meaning of this.

there was also reference in the Bible, re; bodies falling out of the tombs. again, significance. otherwise why would it be mentioned.

Like, Book of enoch, Jubilees, both mentioned, but hidden from us. again. significance.

My original thoery about the elders being the first fruits from the earth was the elected 'faithful'. From the begiinnig up to the present through to the end times.

Originally I though Adam wouldn't be included, as he was before Moses and the Law covenant. But Abraham would have to be included, due to the special relationship. And Enoch, God took him. Noah, and thus Adam would now also be considered as well. first faithful, first martyr.

And then down through the ages, so on so forth throughout the centuries down to today.

Surely if the 24 elders were 'first fruits' from the earth, it wouldn't just mean those that came after Jesus. which is what I thought was maybe possible.

So what I was asking NE was if she had an actual list of the candidates of the 24, including Adam. ( because I'm lazy and don't want to do it, lol )

Do you understand where I'm coming from on this now. thanks

ps. yep, saw your other posts, very good. thanks.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

*lost*, sorry, I didn't follow the thread as I should have. I jumped in quite late. Nevertheless, your guess is as good as mine. There just isn't enough information to go on to come to a definite conclusion. Hopefully we will find out one day.

• Newly Enlightened
  • Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

In the 'Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible' it mentions 24 'Major' prophets. It defines the term prophet as someone that 'sees' the future then announces it.

Here's the list they mention:

Enoch [Jude 14] Moses [ ], Samuel, Gad [2 Kings 17:13] , Nathan, Jeremiah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Elijah

Even tho there is mention of several other 'Minor' prophets there is no record of them actually 'seeing/prophesying' anything. Aaron [Ex 7:1], Deborah [Judges 4:4], Abraham [Gen 20:7] etc,

• mP
    mP

What did Moses prophecy ?

• *lost*
    *lost*

V - no worries. I figured there was a lost in translation moment there. I panicked a lil bit, ya got to be so careful what and how ya say stuff or ya get pounded, lol.

NE good day to you, hope you are all well. thanks for that. I will make note of it now and add it to the pile (lol) loving all this though.

The 12 minor prophets are often overlooked but they are very important to the scheme of things. What I found intersting was from malachi, the scriptures werre closed for 450 yrs ( i think 450) Math and timelines i think have a big part to play.

OMG NE; i just spotted something.

(off topic, Daniel, prophecy of the end time )

Daniel 12;2

and many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,

some to everlasting life,

some to shame and everlasting contempt.

4; seal the book.

Ok. once upon a time, people feared death, they feared the afterlife, they feared heaven/hell. The Christians feared judgement from God, which is how man was easily able to subjucate and control the masses, brutality and fear, under the guise of.

''get me'' ?

Well this has jogged my memory, so, going back to one of my note books, I got this.

Taken form the proclaimers book ( I know, but, to be honest the WT do have a lot of the information right) anyways

Stirrings of watchfulness

16th century - protestant reformation, a religious revolt burst forth in all it's fury.

Btranslation of the Bible into languages of the common PEOPLE.

Objective Bible research.

Increased understanding of bible languages.

19th century (1800's) - the religious climate led to stirrings of Christian wathfulness.

100 ce - Apostle John dies

258 ce - Distinction of Clergy and laity universal. (RCC) Roman hierachy '' a royal priest hood''

Pagan teachings ( doctrines ) infiltrated Christianity

Greek philosophy - Trinity, immortality of the souls - KINGDOM HOPE FADES.

no need to watch for christs presence and the coming of his kingdom, since at death they all hoped to join Christ in heaven.

19th century - (1800's) - the religious climate led to stirrings of Christian Watchfulness.

1848 - Karl Marx - communist manifesto, advocated atheism (worship of state and leaders)

1859 Charles Darwin - origin of the species. deeply influenced the scientific and religious thinking of the time.

theories of evolution - led to a challenging of the truthfullness of the Bible's account of creation. Undermined faith

1870's - Bible Students

1914 - wwI

1930',40's Rise of facism, nazism, wwII

• *lost*
    *lost*

oh my gosh, not Adam., silly me .... durgh - ABEL, I meant ABEL, not Adam. i'm a dufus, lol,

• *lost*
    *lost*

PROPHET / PROPHESY

The spirit of God strove with man, by sending,

Enoch, Noah, (maybe others) to preach to them.

He would leave them to be hardened in Sin and ripened for destruction.

man was carnal and depraved.

they had no regard to the poor and needy.

they made no conscience of defrauding and oppressing them.

Acts2;17

In the last days, God says

''I will pour out my spirit on all people.

Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men dreams.

(last days, future times)

simply '' in those future times when the Messiah shall have come ''

''pour out my spirit''

communicately largely or freely.

He will bestow large measures ''all'' not every individual, every class or rank, old men, youth, servants etc. sans and daughters.

''prophesy''

is used in a great variety of senses.

1) predict, foretell future events

2) to divine, to conjecture, to declare

3) to celebrate the praises of God, being under divine influence

4) to teach the doctrines of religion

Visions, seers, prophets.

''afterwards'' is the same ''as in the last days''

• *lost*
    *lost*

MP - perhaps you could google it and tell us what you can find out

• *lost*