2012 Annual Meeting

by obarac 196 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

This meeting is rally just to fullfill a legal requirment of any corporation to hold an annual general meeting of directors and shareholders. My question is that if the GB divsted themselves of legal association with the corporations how can they hold the AGM?

• Aware!
    Aware!

I got offered a ticket, but I don't want to go. It's probably going to be mainly about money.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just got it on good authority that Bethel has recalled all missionaries in the field to make it back home to HQ to be present at the Annual Meeting

For the sake of accuracy, a clarification on the above statement: Bethel has requested that all missionaries make it to the Annual Meeting if they are able.

Evidently, the Society wants them all to attend, but on their own dime. Nice.

Sorry if the original statement was misleading.

Still, it's kind of weird that they want everyone there for this special, super secret information.

• baltar447
    baltar447

WTH, they expect these broke ass missionaries to fly back? They are whacko.

Also is there a firm date for this? Is it tomorrow?

• sir82
    sir82
    they expect these broke ass missionaries to fly back? They are whacko.

Some missionaries have wealthy family members who support them financially. I know of at least one missionary couple who take longer, more frequent, and more exotic vacations than I can dream of.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2
    they expect these broke ass missionaries to fly back? They are whacko.

Some missionaries have wealthy family members who support them financially. I know of at least one missionary couple who take longer, more frequent, and more exotic vacations than I can dream of.

Yep! I have worked with a lot of missionaries in different assignments and it always struck me that most of them are afluent or have big wads of cash being thrown their way (they are like saints in their back homo congos). I personally dealt with missionaries that have nice cars, appartments in Florida and one couple had a small yacht parked somewhere. Lots of them have good cars that are above the living standards of people that actually work, not to speak of the countries where they are assigned.

Also: if this is true, they will run back to their homo congos and beg for the cash to come miracously their way, because of "important meeting".

Good luck with that, in midst of this ugly-ass-recession!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe the ten toes still mean nothing, but the feet have athlete's foot, which represents apostates.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Looking forward to the notes on this announcement.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The stone has already hit the big toe of the statue's left foot. . . and the toenail turned black and fell off.

Laughed out loud at that one!

Hope the Nooliteâ„¢ is worth the missionaries' coming back for.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BALTAR - yes, it's tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit