2012 Annual Meeting

by obarac 196 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Confirmation, yes! Attendees (some of whom are elders) have privately distributed their notes among the Friends. A CO mentioned it briefly in one of his talks on Sunday. This has been reported by bona fide JWs.

Anyone here who can personally confirm it's true?

• Fencing
    Fencing

I just had a totally "in" relative excitedly call me and tell me all about it. They visited with someone who attended the annual meeting and got the scoop.

So, yes. It's confirmed.

• flipper
    flipper

It shows you how duped, deceived, and mind controlled these JW's are thinking that this is " new light". As I mentioned this was being stated in the summer of 2009 yet most JW's missed it probably because WE read their magazines more than THEY do ! LOL ! They just accept at face value whatever the GB says is law and are led around as if on an invisible leash like a dog- yet they don't realize it

• tornapart
    tornapart

I tested a friend out yesterday, telling her all about some of the weird things from the past. The 'Children' book encouraging youngsters not to marry (and now most are dead). The 'Divine Plan of the Ages' and it's pyramidology, the 'Finished Mystery' and it's locomotive prophecy. The Beth Sarim mansion for the 'ancient worthies'. My friends reaction.... 'well the truth is progressive and I don't ask any questions or question any of it, I just accept it because we know it's the truth don't we?'

And my friend is a very intelligent person.... It makes me feel like banging my head against a wall.

This 'new light' will be accepted without a murmur, I'm sure of it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's also all over JWTalk. They are super excited about it, but a little concerned that Paul and the other Apostles were not part of the FDS, but who cares, new light!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"The Watchtower, on the other hand, needs to provide a plausible explanation as to how Jesus selected an entity to be his Faithful and Discreet Slave in 1919 that didn't exist until 1971. I don't envy them."

There were references prior to 1971 that stated that the board of directors was the governing body.

So the board of directors from the time of their release from prison and then the Cedar Point assembly was the FDS.

• 88JM
    88JM

But at least during Rutherford's time, that board of directors was doing very little actual "feeding" work at all - it was mostly administrative.

If the FDS is identified by who is doing the feeding, then for most of that time the FDS constituted of one man - J.F. Rutherford.

Given what is known about this guy and his fondness for drink and nasty attitude, are they seiously telling me he was God's sole channel of communication on earth? That's a scary thought, but is the result of this new doctrine that JWs need to face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit