• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

• whathappened
    whathappened

will do!

• rip van winkle
  • crmsicl
    crmsicl

Yes. It will be 9:00 am here in the Pacific NW. I will hold space for Oompa.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Count me in. Friday at noon, will light a candle in honor & memory of Oompa. -Leslie

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I will light a candle for oompa.

PHG

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You are welcome to your opinion. My opinion differs. We can pay tribute to the fact that he was a regular poster here and that he was in pain. His story is too similar to our collective stories. When my uncle died from TB at 30, my father agreed with you. He decided to go out in field service and "let the dead bury the dead." His comments did not go down well wtih my aunt.

Each of us are capable of defining what oompa meant to us individually and collectively. We do it for ourselves which is sufficient cause. Maybe it is silly emotionality and magical thinking. I say whatever gets you through the night and allows you to cope better. Somehow I think very few believe Oompa is floating around in heaven with a harp. Part of his family may take some comfort in our actions.

Funerals are for the living, not for the dead. There are believers here. I am one.

He wasn't disposable trash, either.

• andys
    andys

I agree with band on the run, the shunning that goes on in the organization, I am experiencing that right now and I do have my down moments, this weekend was hard my sister told me at work that my brother and his wife were going to visit here in Montana, also I am an uncle but all weekend I never got a call to meet up also one other time at work my sister took me in the corner and told me "Andy you know what you should be doing" and I walked away I was being guilt tripped right there at work then again this weekend was guilt tripped again, the shunning/guilt tripping that they do hurts, also on Friday the 5th I will have my candle lit for Oompa, am in on the 5th.

• cedars
    cedars

I live in mainland Europe, so I'll be lighting my candle at 7pm on Friday - at the exact same time as you folks in the US and elsewhere.

It's nice to know the Watchtower does NOT hold the monopoly on unity.

Cedars

• sizemik
    sizemik

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit