"Safeguard Your Mind" assembly targeting apostate thinking

by promised_presence 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• promised_presence
    promised_presence

I recently attended the second day of the 2 day assembly for safeguarding your mind. The first talk was entitled "Feed Your Mind at Jehovah's Table". The first portion of this talk specifically targeted apostates warning members to not listen to them "even if they were once strong in the truth or had great responsiblity in the congregation". Points were made about obedience to the org comparing it to Jehovah's table. The brother later stated that "apostates often bring out points that may be true, but are taken way out of context". There were more details in this talk, but I could only jot down few key points. In the end, he emphasized the theme reiterating "safeguard your mind against these corrupt influences". The society is definitely noticing the new age prevalence of apostates making valid points against their doctrines.

In the talk "Keep Jehovah's Day Close in Mind" the D.O discussed not listening to ridiculers and made the personal remark that "we are near the 100 year mark, we are getting close to the wire." I feel sorry for brothers like the D.O. who sacrficed their personal lives thinking they probably wouldn't have to do it for long cause the end would certainly come near the 100 year mark '2014'.

Has anyone else attended this assembly and recall the rediculous points that were discussed?

• flipper
    flipper

PROMISED_PRESENCE- Thanks for the great thread ! I haven't attended an assembly over 9 to 10 years now- but the quote, " apostates often bring out points that MAY BE TRUE , but are taken way out of context , " is basically a half hearted attempt by the WT society to admit " we are full of crap " - but trying to say " so are apostates ". LOL ! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black ? And right, the WT society doesn't take things way out of context ? WT society is running REALLY scared right now due to the information age and power of the Internet, plus they are reeling from child abuse scandals hitting them constantly. I feel they are losing lots and lots of JW's so this is desperation time for WT leaders trying to stem the tide ! Good ! Let em sweat I say ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blondie
    blondie

So they are getting backwash from 2014......

This used to work when getting "apostate" info was hard to come by pre-internet days. Now it is much easier to privately get info and they know it. An experienced person can even block family members if they aren't foolish enough to give them their password. Usually by the time jws go looking a seed has already been planted by what they see at the KH or in the organization.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$ Duble Talk for Dubs..

The brother later stated that "apostates often bring out points that may be true, but are taken way out of context"

In Plain English..

The brother later stated that "apostates often bring out points that May be True, but it`s All Lies!!".

...........................OUTLAW

• jws
    jws

I attended a few hours of the district assembly a couple months ago. The speaker said we were quickly approaching the last day of the last days. Trying to keep that urgency up.

Apostate things are certainly easier to find than when I was getting out. Even bookstores didn't carry anything. Had to mail order for them. Back when you had to write a letter asking for something with money enlosed. All because of a program on PBS where a guy provided the address to mail away for. And if somebody hadn't taped it, the info would have gone by too fast. So talk about the odds back then. That you're watching PBS in the first place, that you see an address and are either quick to write it down or have it taped. Internet is certainly easier and you don't even have to order info, much of it is right there.

Dangerous times for the JWs.

Funny they should talk about things being out of context. That's a hoot.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My wife and kids are at it today, I figured there would be stuff to warn them about people like me ... this is the first time my family is there without me ... got a text from my daughter yesterday "miss you dad"

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

But what about...
    Luke 21:8

New International Version (NIV)

8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them.

Oh I'm sorry.... I must be relying too heavily on my own understanding of the HOLY BIBLE.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ah! At last, as the sacred month of October approaches, The Watchtower has come out with a HALLOWEEN THEME for the meetings!

Let us recall with fondness Pastor Russell's Toga Costume when he gave up his ghost on Halloween 1916 - it was HEAVENLY!

"Safeguard Your Mind - Zombies Crave Fresh Brainz"! The opening song will be Brother Michael Jackson singing THRILLER.

" It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark

Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart

You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it
    You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes
    You're paralyzed

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
    And no one's gonna save you from the 'postate 'bout strike
    You know it's thriller, thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run
    You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
    You close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination, girl!
    But all the while you hear the creature creeping up behind
    You're out of time

There ain't no second chance against the thing with forty eyes, girl
    Thriller, thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

Night creatures calling, the dead start to walk in their masquerade
    There's no escaping the jaws of the alien this time
    (They're open wide)
    This is the end of your life

They're out to get you, there's demons closing in on every side
    [- From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/michael-jackson-lyrics/thriller-lyrics.html -]
    They will possess you unless you change that number on your dial
    Now is the time for you and I to cuddle close together, yeah
    All through the night I'll save you from the terror on the screen
    I'll make you see

That this is thriller, thriller night
    'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghost would ever dare try
    Thriller, thriller night
    So let me hold you tight and share a
    Killer, diller, chiller, thriller here tonight

Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghost would ever dare try
    Thriller, thriller night
    So let me hold you tight and share a killer, thriller, ow!

(I'm gonna thrill ya tonight)
    Darkness falls across the land
    The midnight hour is close at hand
    Creatures crawl in search of blood
    To terrorize y'alls neighborhood

I'm gonna thrill ya tonight, ooh baby
    I'm gonna thrill ya tonight, oh darlin'
    Thriller night, baby, ooh!

The foulest stench is in the air
    The funk of forty thousand years
    And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
    Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive
    Your body starts to shiver
    For no mere mortal can resist
    The evil of the thriller"

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

The founder of Jehovah's Witnesses Charles T. Russell was deep into the pagan and spooky occult pyramidology.
    This was part of his apocalyptic algorithm to arrive at the date of October 6 1914 for Jesus *invisible* second coming.
    Charles Russell burial marker is a huge freaky pagan pyramid.
    Google images-Charles Russell burial pyramid.
    A conservative estimate of the deaths of Jehovahs Witnesses since the blood transfusion ban went into effect 1945 is 50,000 dead,men,women,CHILDREN.May be as high as 150,000.
    Lower figure is 50 times more than died at Jones Town kool-aid mass murder.
    The Jehovah Witnesses blood transfusion ban is deadly!
    The Watchtower organization can not be *the truth* as Jehovah's Witnesses call it, because *no lie originates with the truth.* (1 John 2:21 NW) (Matthew 23:13-15) Jesus said . . .*Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in. 14 —— 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one you make him a subject for Ge·hen′na twice as much so as yourselves.*

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"we are near the 100 year mark, we are getting close to the wire."

Thanks for the info PROMISED, very interesting, yet not at all surprising. What is curious is the DOs statement above. What "wire" is he talking about? I didn't realize there even was one!

I think the "wire" is the huge psychological hurdle that gods kingdom has been ruling for 100 years and NOT A DAMN THING HAS HAPPEND! I think the DO revealed not only his personal opinion, but also what the society fears will happen in the next couple of years - a whole lot of people waking up and LEAVING.

Will be going to see this CA firsthand in the next few weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit