Fb status of a Young JW Mom. Sooo Sick!

by 3dogs1husband 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jws
    jws

Maybe the kid wasn't sick at all. Maybe it was a reaction to the talk or a commentary on it.

I remember it being a rare occurence when we missed a meeting as kids. However, if we had a fever or were throwing up, we did get to stay home. Colds, no. We lived up north. Everybody was sneezing or coughing at some point during the winter. If you let colds stop you, the city would shut down.

• Nambo
  • zeb
    zeb

I sat through a convention morning session with a 14 yo coughing vigorously behind me not using a hanky or covering his mouth while his parents sat so spiritual paying no attention.

I was off work for days after wards.

also in my earliest days in the 'truth' i saw a tired little boy about 2-3 crying on the ground as he has messed himself the mother in her finest dress gave him a nudge with her foot and told him' come on get up'.

'whats wrong' i said.

'Hes got diarohea.' My heart bleeds for that little boy and my own absence of spine all those years ago in not paying out on this ...'mother'. Such love shown and where did she learn such an attitude?

Where is he today.? That country convention was held in show ground sheds with hopelessly inadeqaute toileting and washing facilities.

• zeb
    zeb

at another large convention I helped a aged sister to the sick room. What did i find in there apart from a lot of young sisters (sick?) gossiping on. I found some zealous ass hole had erected a loud speaker in there so even the ill wouldnt miss out. I took out my pocket knife and cut the wires thriough.

"Oh thank you" she said nodding toward the speaker as I lay her onto a cot to rest.

Later in the day it was reconnected. So the ill and the sisters and who were trying to breast feed and their babies had to contend with brother a booming! There were no facilities for breast feeding mums at that convention other than the 'sick' area.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

This post brought back some weird memories! Some JW's have the strangest mindset about meetings/assemblies. I took a woman who was studying and her kids with me to a DA once. Woman who was studying with her couldn't give her a ride. Nice people, but VERY messed up. One of her poor kids threw up in the back of my van! She yelled at him, and we went in. I would have rather taken him home.

There was a pioneer couple at the congrgation I went to who made their kids go out in service, to EVERY meeting, assembly, etc., no matter what. They would take the kids in service with fevers, and one time brought them to the hall with FULL BLOWN CHICKEN POX!! Everyone spoke of how spiritual they were. I thought they were thoughtless, selfish assholes with poor parenting skills! Guess who had 3 kids who wound up with chicken pox within the next 7-10 days?! Guess who stayed home with her kids so as not to expose anyone else?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

What a faithful Dub and good example!

I'm sure everyone around the child was delighted to pick up his bug for Jehovah too!

We are really missing out.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

She might have wanted to take her sick child home but who ever was driving probably said they wanted to stay. I've been stuck like that before. And I've had kids who seemed perfectly fine 2 hours before suddenly start puking. We all need to stop judging those who are still in for their actions when we don't have the whole story.

She's very likely a great mom stuck in a back situation with little to no help.

Bobbi

• steve2
    steve2

Why so quick to judge the JW mom? My dear mother (and father) took all five of us moaning stragglers to assemblies come rain, hail, sleet or sickness (although one year we were housebound because I had pneumonia ).

To conclude from this that JW parents are themselves "sick" (as in the head) or uncaring is contentious. As another poster said, often attendees are kind of expected to stay and/or endure hardship - it can be hard also if you're dependent on others for transport.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Don't feel too bad. I know her and she could have left. In her nice car. With her nice husband.

tt

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Maybe the kid was one of the few who paid attention and just couldn't take it anymore. I think I'd throw up too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit