Apostasy Trial - Part 5

by RayPublisher 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Academy Award material! Your professionalism in how you conducted yourself in this Kangaroo Court speaks for itself.

If JWN was giving out Academy Awards for best threads, I would say that your threads on your JC hearings would be a definite nomination.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I agree JW Gone Bad. Not since the Rick and Laverne Townsend judicial committee meeting from the 80's (recording and transcript found here: http://thegoverningbody.org/jehovahs-witness-judicial-committee-meeting-rick-laverne/ ) have I heard a better defense against these men.

I vote for Ray Publisher as JWN member of the year!

• hoser
    hoser

An elder would NEVER leak inside information. Obviously Eric was believing impostors.

This makes no sense. Only elders have the log in passwords for jw.org to get the letters to the elders. Only elders have the new flock book.

If a letter to the elders or the flock book is posted on the internet, isn't it very obvious where it came from. An elder.

I would have made them explain to me who posted it online if it wasn't an elder in good standing.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Christalone: I vote for Ray Publisher as JWN member of the year! He's going to love this.... LOL

Totally agree!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

RayPublisher comments: ‘ But on a serious note, for all interested parties:

DON’T TALK BAD ABOUT COSMO!

I for one will respect your wishes.

Bear in mind many of us have overseers in our congregations who are a spitting image of one if not all three of these elders. Listening to these three and their comments defending TTATT honestly opens up past wounds. I’ve witnessed my share of tears of many R & F who have been dealt with unfairly over the years.

This taping of your JC offers some healing and relief!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I'm really surprised they sat and listened to you that long

They must have been curious. They let you speak uninterrupted for such long periods that they had to have had their interest piqued by what you were telling them, things you knew that even they didn't know.

Your composure in the circumstances is the stuff of legends. Well done!

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• JWB
    JWB

Dear Eric, I've just finished watching parts 4 and 5 of your committee meeting video serious. Well, what can I say? It just keeps getting better and better! Too bad they never heard about "Crisis of Conscience", but what do you expect from those whose vision is so restricted by being in such close proximity to the breasts of the Mother organization?

You did so well in giving them a bold, yet respectful witness. I think the fact that you did most of the talking goes to prove that there wasn't much they could say in defence. I'm so looking forward to the rest of the meeting. I'm sure there are many concerned active (and not so active) JWs whom these videos will encourage.

The illustration of the Mormon being encouraged to look beyond his own Church's publications was very powerful. No doubt if such a one then became a JW, his local JW congregation would praise his courage in testing his former Church's doctrines. This is one of the greatest things that troubled me years ago, the double-standards and the fear of having the beliefs rigorously examined. If they are so sure they have the truth, why don't they put faith in Jesus' promise that he would give his disciples "a mouth and wisdom, which all [their] opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute"? (Luke 21:15 - NWT).

Keep up the good work!

JWB

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

blindersoff said, "What will be their countermeasure? The holy spirit directed electronic body scanner?"

OMG I was just thinking the same thing...that when they get wind of this they will strip-search everyone.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I am absolutely amazed they listened to you for more than 20 minutes before excusing you to come to a verdict. Interesting.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

If a letter to the elders or the flock book is posted on the internet, isn't it very obvious where it came from. An elder.

or his wife and children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit