Who remembers Cake Nights?

by 2SYN 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's a suggestion for those anal-retentive "elders" who are always questioning people's motivation -

"FOOT WORK" -

at your next secret special elder's meeting, use a hair dryer to cook the feet of each elder in turn as he is forced to read the 'begats" with proper enthusiasm and inflection. Surely a true lover of Jah would not mind such a minor inconvenience, and would joyously volunteer to be first.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

This still goes on at the Book Study I sometimes attend. The first Monday of the month. Only we call it goodie night. Everyone brings cake and snacks and all kinds of goodies. Its also the only time my 9 year is glad to go to the meeting.

Diamond

• meat pie
    meat pie

No such thing here. Once in a while a cup of tea would be offered but it was often resented by many and I always had to bum lifts with people so it depended on whether they wanted to stay or not. Also on at least one occasion I was sent home with a young bro. because some of the others were having a private drinky-poo. I found out I was not invited to quite a lot of do's because I was the only one in the 'truth' in my family. OUr cong was told from the platform by the CO, or the DO I can't remember, that we had a lot of love but we just didn,t spread it around, like the lack of cake.

• MissSC
    MissSC

I remember cake night and other times our congregation would get together usually around Halloween or Easter time for a festival. A cookie bake at my parent's house on Halloween, fall festivals etc... But never say we were celebrating the holiday the world was. I have a feeling those around us would not have known the difference. In addition we would go to the skating rink each Sunday night until that was put to an end at an assembly where all modern music was condemned. Then we started playing soft ball each Sunday evening. Then after my parent's divorce, I was not invited to these events anymore. When I would attend I would be ignored. Oh well, such is life... found better things to do with my life since then.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit