im stunned

by maccauk11 28 Replies latest jw friends

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

i hav not been to a meeting in almost 10 years... in that time i have not had 1 witness knock at my door. actually a spanish one came by and just said "oh well send our english speaking friends" ... really? you have a lifesaving message and thats it? hmmm... not surprising... as a pioneer i always hoped for "not interested" haha quick easy... racking up the hours!

• mrquik
    mrquik

Next time ask them a question they should have an immediate answer to. Here's one fundamental question. " As you are willing to sacrifice not only your life but the lives of your children in the name of this religion, I'm sure you have concrete evidence, irrefutable proof that yours is the one true religion, approved by Jesus & guided by Jehovah's holy spirit. So tell me, what evidence do you have?" Anyone who gets a chance with this question, please let me know what kind of response you get. I am a well known "apostate" so no one stops by.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they are told to leave avid doubters and putting them on the same level as apostates.................. they're leaving and don't expect them back

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm stunned too. Just picked up some Vietnamese food from my local restaurant and read the latest awake! and watshtowel that was sitting there.

I'm stunned that I ever read one of those things cover to cover, and stunned that they havent changed at all all these years later. What awful magazines!

• A question
    A question

scotoma you have a PM

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

Scotoma

My statement is not dishonest at all when i say i hav espent most of my life considering everything under the sun , i mena everything. Perhaps you should not be so presumptious. Your lack of wisdom , though undoubtedly intelligent, leaves you with a sense of superiority , which is a flase perception of ones reality. May i suggfest you pray for , wisdom and humility and thne you just might be able to understand what i mean. By all means nail me to the tree , which in fact is what u are trying to do under the guise of debate.

God Bless

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    How do you propose to prove to them that Russell was a Freemason if they do come back?

With a Ouija board, obviously.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Let me ask the question again with less room for avoidance:

In your lifetime of searching, investigating, considering knowledge have you:

Ever read books on evolution? I don't mean creationist apologetics but actual books explaining evolution by evolutionists.

Ever read information critical of the Bible?

Ever read books on the problems of finding evidence for the "historical jesus"?

If your answer to these questions is Yes and you follow up with some book titles it would make your claim more believable.

Obviously you haven't.

This is my problem with those that focus on JW's being this horrible cult. The real solution is to encourage everyone to widen out their information base. Is it desireable for ANYONE to believe in a lie? Including conventional mainstream religions.

Ray Franz is an example of this. Give him credit for exposing the lies, inconsistencies of the JW's. Unfortunately he remained a firm believer in an unproveable entity and a book that this imaginary entity inspired. Franz used logic. He understood the fallacies yet he stuck with the worlds biggest illusion.

I was raised a JW defending everything JW's believe. I never read a serious book by an evolutionist until I was 30.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

scotoma iagree with you somewhat. Those who continue to spout bile are usually thos ewho were once part of it all. FOr em i do not call jwsa horrible cult. What is wrong though is tha tthey have spent many years condeming others and trying to expose other teachings when in fact many of their teachings needs to be investigated and researched. Its not the people but the organization that needs to be set free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit