im stunned

by maccauk11 28 Replies latest jw friends

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

here is something tha thas just amazed me. I had two witnesses at the door. I invited them in for a few minutes because of the cold. We had a little discusssion I politley asked them to research their organization about some stuff that is being put out like jw and the UN connection russel a freemason etc etc. I even said if its all a lie or wrong please come back and tell me and i will accept im wrong. They kind of left quickly and said they would research and get back to me. I even said to them as they were going out of the gate let me know when you are coming back and i will make sure im at home so we can chat. I got no reply as they shuffled away.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

So why are you stunned?

• Fernando
    Fernando

We all try when we get the chance - good on you!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Good try. Maybe just a bit too overwhelming for them. Just a hint of one of those things may have sparked some interest. I'd stay clear of the freemason stuff though myself. They'd just think you were crazy...been there and got the look...LOL

But still, you never know what might make someone go....hmmmm...what was that crazy person on about...I might just google that!......and the rest is history.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Don't know how long ago they came around and visited - you never know, they may still show up with some new light. If they do, try keep the communication going, asking them questions as an interested party - let them know you thouroughly investigate all religions that come to your door knocking.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Good effort, you just never know! Excellent!

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

I was stunned at the way they could not get away fast enough. I thought they would have loved sharing the word of God with each other. I also talked about a few other things. I also said i loved them as brothers and sister as fellow believers in Jesus . There was no condemnation on my part just asking them in a nice gentle way to investigate their own organization.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

They were here only a few hours ago. I saw some witnesses in the street a few months ago and went up to them and witness about jesus to them in a gentle loving way. I think it throws them a bit. I get the feeling some people have a persection complex as one says im attacking them. I only asked them also if some of the things i researched were true. SO i have met 4 witnesses since here and invited them all back and none of them has attempted to contact me. Maybe its me.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

The witnesses i met in the street a few months ago kept on saying how bad the internet was. But the wachtower society also has a website right!. Whatever denomination we bleong to , i think we have a duty to research any claim made about us.

• flipper
    flipper

MACCAUK- Like you stated the Witnesses are taught by the WT society to be fearful of the internet . The WT leaders scare Witnesses by demonizing the Internet to them so that JW's won't find out ANY negative information concerning the WT society. So those JW's left fast because they were scared you were from " Satan " ( I know it's weird but they are paranoid ) and that you were sent to shake their faith. These people are so much in captivity it's eerie. Good job though ! Peace out, Mr. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit