What REALLY Convinced You To Leave/Lose Faith in JWs?

by Recovery 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Okay, let me clear something up. I am not attacking Conti for being a victim of sexual abuse.
    I.would never do such a thing.....Recovery

You attacked Candace for winning money from the WBT$..

Her lawyer Defended her just Fine..

The WBT$ lost because they were Guilty as Charged..

You lose because..

Your not very good at what you do..

Support one of the most Corrupt Organizations on this Planet..

The WBT$..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Unused neurons started firing up.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

leavingwt

Hi, read your letter and liked your reasoning! I tend to agree with you and also what Ray wrote about the blood doctrine. It's more balanced and honest! The wts stand does not add up. That's what you get when people without education are debating the Bible over some drinks and to much money. Of course it will come out crazy. Problem is, without education the rank & file don't get the thinking ability to deprogramme the doctrine.

As you, I always believed that the wts followed the Bible and it does in some instances. That's the problem. You accept the wts because you are impressed by the bible knowledge in SOME areas. And then you accept the whole deal. But their stand on blood, education, sole channel and the true gospel of Jesus, is not impressive. It's flawed and makes life hard for a lot of people. Even makes many loose all faith in God.

Are you still a christian?

Love bro Healthworker

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Healthworker: Upon further, extended examination, what faith I had simply didn't make any sense, given the available evidence. During my exit from the WT, and for a short period of time after that, I did consider myself a Christian. According to the dictionary, I'm an agnostic atheist and culturally Christian.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Christalone u.are correct about me regarding certain things. I do have a fear of nearly going apostate again but that is precisely why Im here. To conquer that fear. I do not.wish to defend the organization at all costs but to simply find out the truth. I want everything I believe in to be called into question and scrutinized. I do not want to leave any stones unturned. I know deep down I.will never regain my joy as a pioneer until I go thru this process. And if, in the end it has been proven that JWs are not Gods people, I can live with that and accept that. Im only interested in the truth about God and everything it entails. So your assessment about me is a little off but somewhat accurate at the same time.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

leavingwt

Thanks. I can understand that! I guess I am an agnostic, culturally christian!

Love your bro Healthworker

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Recovery said: And if, in the end it has been proven that JWs are not Gods people, I can live with that and accept that. Im only interested in the truth about God and everything it entails. So your assessment about me is a little off but somewhat accurate at the same time.

Thank you for the honesty, Recovery. I think that was big of you to admit, and with that attitude, you will find what you are looking for. We all are responsible for our decisions, and I personally chose not to follow the organization anymore because I cannot believe the claims that it makes about itself. But if you do, and you can prove to yourself that it is the only truth, then I respect that. I don't want to put you down for your beliefs and your journey, and I certainly don't want to make you feel like leaving the Watchtower automatically makes you bitter and angry. I've never been happier in my life. My concept of God is far different from what I had in the Watchtower. But I respect those that have a different belief than I do.

I wish you the best in your journey and hope you find what you are looking for. Don't let the haters get you down. Do your research and prove to yourself what is true. Test all things. (1Thes 5:21) and hold on to what is true. Remember that Jesus is the truth, not a man made organization. If you get that, then you will be fine. (John 14:6)

- Joe

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ah…. I see that the person who started this thread may not have really wanted a sincere answer to his question, "What REALLY Convinced you to Leave/Lose Faith in JWs?"

I took his question at face value and answered in all honesty and sincerity. (I don't post much here, so am unfamiliar with many people who post here and any background posts). It seems that the thread has taken on a whole other purpose and meaning and the poster's original question was asked with perhaps a duplicitous intent.

I am really quite *done* with WT lies, hypocrisy, and duplicity. When a poster is trying to hide who they are and frame questions with an intent to deceive, mock, belittle, or abuse others in some way, it becomes a platform for their own ends. There is no room for debate or discussion. You have only a person with a closed mind, and we all know what dealing with a closed mind is like!

I'm beginning to feel sad that I posted my very sincere answer in a thread which may have had a whole other purpose. :(

Given the fact that there have also been many SINCERE answers to Recovery's original question, and he has not addressed ANY of them, but keeps insisting on his own line of thought, makes me also feel he is not looking for any common ground or basis for discovery. It seems that the ONLY posts he replies to are the ones which promote conflict.

Therefore, I shall ask Recovery this directly: Recovery, what do you think of all the sincere answers to your question you've received so far?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Recovery, I was highly offended by your thread on Candace Conti which I refused participate myself in it.

I resolved myself not to read your thread again. Well, I decided I will give you another chance of benefit of a doubut. After all, if it wasn't us who would put up with you. In contrast, I doubt if any JW will be there for you once they've learned your current brazen conduct.

From reading your last post on Conti, I can tell you have not read the Conti court transcript. Please point the contradictions of Conti that you are claiming! Watchtower ad hominem and red herring stlyes doesn't work here. Argue your point with the evidence or written document.

For me, it was at first JW elders' pharasaic callous behavior. For the longest time, I believed it was just a few local JW elders that were being out of line. I appealed my case to the GB. That's when I was forced to realize who are the behind all the injustice, persecution of child sexual abuse victims and their families, covering up elders' abuses and shifting the blame on Rank & File, all about saving their reputation and position, throwing their devoted loyal servants to a lion's pit mercilessly. In fact, these people would sign contract with the devil if it benefits them. I eyewitnessed JW elders working with and helping a pedophile to punish his victim who's child.

One thing for sure I can tell you that whatever devotion you have given to the GB will not be given any consideration nor will be rewarded once you were found in a needy situation. You will not only be own your own but also be smashed by your religious leaders for you crying for help and justice.

For your record, I never once doubted their ever changing docitrines. I fully, without the slightiest doubt, accepted as new lights everytime. I was a true believer. The only thing bothered me was their anticipating of coming of right around the corner Armaggeddon. I personally couldn't justfy when should be the perfect day for killing seemingly innocent people especially children.

I hope you see the light sooner than later. Every clicking minute is wasted in devoting to scams.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I want everything I believe in to be called into question and scrutinized. I do not want to leave any stones unturned. I know deep down I.will never regain my joy as a pioneer until I go thru this process. And if, in the end it has been proven that JWs are not Gods people, I can live with that and accept that.

I appreciate you candor here. . . Could have said this myself two years ago. I asked myself How do I really now what I know? I also knew I had to be honest with myself, even if it was painful. . . . It sure was painful for me; and with my family still active witnesses, it distresses me to see them manipulated by fear and guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit