What REALLY Convinced You To Leave/Lose Faith in JWs?

by Recovery 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kimbo
    kimbo

sixscreensof the watchtower confrence call got me mentlly out

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

One of the things was that you can't record your own JC meeting . Its completely dishonest and only to protect the elders and society

from having to pay for legally liable statements. Especially when theres child sex abuse. It especially shows that the attoreneys run things and

there is no reliance on bible morals . The legal dept runs it all.

Gods org would be transperent and would not hide things.

Any honest person would agree that you have every right to record your own spiritual stoning.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Really, it was the inability to come to the answer of a question on your own. The prison of pre-answered questions was what did it for me. There was really no point in thinking anymore, when everything has already been decided for you. For some people, that's comforting.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"for some people that's comforting" yea Zombies.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

What REALLY Convinced You To Leave/Lose Faith in JWs

what prevents me going back is that i cannot join them in preaching.

I believe what paul wrote in Romans 1. and in 1 Corinthians 15. I believe what Peter says in 1 Peter 3:21.

but i am not convinced that 1914 had anything to do with the return of Christ and so I will not preach this. In not joining in preaching this I cannot be a JW. I am not witnessing.

the way i understand it in order to gain salvation, to be part of the great crowd that has washed their robes white in the blood of the lamb, to survive the great tribulation, i must preach Christ invisible return in 1914 the birth of God's Kingdom in 1914.

I believe the good news that paul preached regarding the Christ and his resurrection is sufficent.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My Dad informed me that I had better hurry up and get in because the generation born in 1914 was nearly all dead now, so Armageddon must be just around the corner.

After he left, I looked in my library and found Awake! and Watchtower articles from seven years earlier that unhitched Armageddon from 1914.

If I was to believe, and preach, my father's version of WT doctrine, I would not be allowed to join his church. That same doctrine has been altered three times since then. If his church is truly guided by Jehovah, then they are guided by a god that couldn't decide when to have breakfast.

• Fernando
    Fernando

When the contempt of the Watchtower Pharisees and Sanhedrin for the "unabridged gospel of grace" and "imputed righteousness" led them to try and prohibit me from sharing the "good news" on pain of being expelled from their synagogue - a virtual replay of Acts 5:27,28.

Few if any organisations work as hard as the Watchtower to keep people ignorant of the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Watching two fellow Elders hit each other with their fists on one Elders front law . . . they were rivalling each other for the CBOE's position. One had the CO in his pocket . . . the other was favoured by the congregation. Both were douche-bags obsessed with control. My only regret is breaking it up . . . I should have let them beat the crap out of each other, but they fought like girls so it would have taken a while.

It was a new congo and I'd only accepted an appointment two months earlier . . . and stood down the following week. Shortest appointment in history probably, but that was the catalyst, a very small tip of a very large iceberg. 6 weeks later I shifted towns and began to probe . . . within 48 hours I knew it was a huge deception. One of the first sites I found was SilentLambs. I hung around for almost a year while my wife "transitioned" . . . and along with about 50 others who I corresponded with over that time . . . simply left.

Interestingly . . . I was called on once a month by the local COBE in the town to where I'd moved. He was quite happy to discuss my concerns. In time he confided how his daughter in another congo (a married Pioneer) had vicious gossip spread about her through jealousy. In time she suffered a breakdown and lost her baby . . . that congo lost 2 pioneers and the local congo here eventually lost it's COBE too.

• jemba
    jemba

My Husband kept coming home with info from a workmate who loved researching religion. He told me about 1914, the UN and a few other things, I was quite defensive but decided to find out for myself. I have since thanked that guy for starting our journey away from the cult together as a family.

I had already faded because of many reasons but mostly the unreasonableness of DF and how it had already broken up my family in the past, also I had a panic/nausea problem whenever I went to the meeting. It was great to get out mentally as well as physically. Leaving the cult has also cured my depression.

I no longer believe in the bible due to the excellent book 'Athiests book of bible stories'. It makes a lot of sense and is quite funny.

I believe in a creator who got the evolutionary ball rolling but I dont believe in a personal God who intervenes in any way with humans. I think there are far more interesting things than us people on earth, to god our whole universe is probably like just one of the grains of sand on a beach. I think that much of the human race is too proud to realise that we are not even a spec on gods radar.

• still thinking
    still thinking

There were a few niggles...but the United Nations NGO involvement was a clincher. All you have to do is read what they agreed to on becoming an NGO to know it wasn't about having a library card.

The first time I saw the official NGO letter released by the United Nations it was on the UN website. You can copy and paste the link below or click on this link to take you to the other one if you would like to read the letter yourself.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/229477/1/Official-link-of-the-Disaffiliation-of-the-Watchtower-to-the-UN

http://search.un.org/smb/secf10.un.org/DigiLib/$/DigitalLibrary/Dig/www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

4 March 2004

To Whom It May Concern,

Recently the NGO Section has been receiving numerous inquiries regarding the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York with the Department of Public Information (DPI). This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities.

In October 2001, the Main Representative of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York to the United Nations, Giro Aulicino, requested termination of its association with DPI. Following this request, the DPI made a decision to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001.

Please be informed that it is the policy of the Department of Public Information of the United Nations to keep correspondence between the United Nations and NGOs associated with DPI confidential. However, please see below the paragraph included in all letters sent to NGOs approved for association in 1992:

“The principal purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies. Consequently, it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications. We are enclosing a brochure on the “The United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations”, which will give you some information regarding the NGO relationship.”

In addition, the criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI include the following:

• that the NGO share the principles of the UN Charter;

• operate solely on a not-for-profit basis;

• have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;

• have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets, organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting the cooperation of the media.

We expect that you will share this information with your concerned colleagues, as we are unable to address the scores of duplicate requests regarding the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that are being directed to our offices. Thank you for your interest in the work of the United Nations.

Sincerely,

Paul Hoeffel

Chief

NGO Section

Department of Public Information

NGO/DPI...what is required.

http://outreach.un.org/ngorelations/membership/application/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit