Whats your earliest memory?

by sleepy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Larc, we have had similar experences. When I was a little girl we used to go spend the summers on my grandfathers farm. He had a chicken that would chase us too. We ended up having her for dinner one night.

I was also pushed down the basement stairs by his collie, Lassie.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Simon
    Simon

Another one who's had a bump on the head ... I wasn't too suprised at larc's (it explains a lot) but I guess you must have landed more gently Lilacs

• waiting
    waiting

The one good memory I have (around 2 or 3) was a white dress with plaid trim. We were on the cutting edge of being poor....so that dress was grand. I have a picture of me in it....and I do remember feeling special. Memories really start flowing, for me, around age 4. All sorts of things.

The dress was great. Anybody remember HopALong Cassidy on Saturday morning? Gee, the tv's were black & white and little - and it wasn't cool back then - just little. I would have been about 5. My sister, Patio, would have been 8.5 and thought the show was really stupid.

I didn't like her for that - he was my hero.

waiting

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Simon, don't you get it? It was the all that FLUFF that saved me from harm.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Crawling around under my house looking for "fossils" and other “artifacts”. I guess I was three or four. I found several “dinosaur fossils”.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Simon
    Simon

he he ... that reminds me of our last holiday in Canada when Liam found an animal bone in the woods and insisted on being photographed proudly holding his "dinosaur" bone that he had discovered.

He was made up with it!

• Princess
    Princess

I remember standing in my crib watching my dad and another man, either my Uncle Jim or dad's friend Gunter bringing in my new bed. Don't know how old I was. Mulan can fill in the details.

When I was about five my mom stopped at a grocery store to buy something quickly and she left me in the car. (Not unusual back them I guess) Anyway, this guy pulls up and hits the car! He looked in at me and then left quickly. I didn't tell my mom until very recently. I remember thinking she would be upset with me and so I didn't tell. Funny huh?

Princess

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Believe it or not I have memories of being one year old peeking over my crib to see my newborn brother in his crib. My next memory is being bitten in the finger by my brother. Then it's being on a ferris wheel with my granpa and he was screaming for the men to take him down. Mom says it happened when I was about two.

I had all my life a dream of this great pool with bridges and drowning. It was a recurring nightmare. When I was 20 I went back to Costa Rica and visited a pool called Ojo de Agua. Low and behold it was the pool from my dream. Weird ha! Probably almost drowned there or something.

Cool topic.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Princess: You were about 2 1/2 when that bed was brought in. It was in your room for about a year, before you slept in it though. It was the summer before you were 3.

I don't remember the time I left you in the car. Egads! I can't imagine doing that now. But it was 27 years ago. Safer, and legal in those days.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Valis
    Valis

Breaking my left arm...then my right one. Before the age of 5.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit