The Watchtower's cash flow problems and financial solvency with lawsuits payouts

by Brokeback Watchtower 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watchtower does have a cash flow problem, but they are far from broke.

True, they can't sell buildings at profits forever, but they still have Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls when they run out of Headquarters and branch buildings. They've taken the money away from congregations and they have cheapened their free offerings to the public and probably reduced the actual amount of printed materials going out.

It'll be a long haul. Eventually, the negative cash flow will catch up.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    As if anyone knows how much or how little money they have.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Good point! we don't know for certain so that offer room for speculation.

It just seems to me that things may not be well in spiritual paradise as lay off increase down sizing work force yet building more buildings spending vasts amount of money robbing all the congregation of their savings forcing pledges, and what not.

This whole corporation is running on big delusions and wishful thinking so they are bound to make bad business forecasting decisions and over reactions on many fronts.

Things seem really bad to me no matter what the propaganda machine of the WT prints.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    What would it take to make the WT corporation insolvent?
  • startingover
    startingover
    Maybe they are just greedy.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

What would it take to make the WT corporation insolvent?

Loss of charitable status! Then them getting fleeced - on the stock market!

My guess is that the Org will continue with its "consolidation" program. I fully expect their "chariot" will throw up some other changes in October.

Is there really a need for so many "branch" offices these days, considering the technology at the Org's disposal?

The most critical problem for the Org is to regulate their income streams with a greater degree of certainty and control, therefore, I think that donations/pledges will be compelled to be made by direct payment via individual's bank accounts.

This will enable Elders to target non-payers/deadwood in the congregation.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    It's my understanding they have insurance for lawsuits also.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback - "This whole corporation is running on big delusions and wishful thinking so they are bound to make bad business forecasting decisions and over reactions on many fronts."

Very important to remember.

As hard as it may be for some of us to believe, all available anecdotal evidence indicates that the WT leadership are full-on True Believers (as I've said before, it's a remarkably easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you)...

x

...and as far as I'm concerned, the vast majority of the decisions they make reinforce that conclusion the most; they're just not the kind of actions one takes when one is cynical and jaded.

They are definitely, however, the kind one takes when one is certain God's got your back no matter what.

And that cannot help but cause you to make increasingly bad decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit