The Watchtower's cash flow problems and financial solvency with lawsuits payouts

by Brokeback Watchtower 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think with all this change we see occurring with the Watchtower Corporation's to deal with things means they are in financial trouble and are seeking to consolidate their real estate holdings for easy sale if needed to stay financially solvent.

They will stop or slowly decrease the door to door work and focus on the material potential of each member young and old for what ever they can get out of them. This will lead to more leaving under their tyranny.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I posted on another thread that these lawsuits mean nothing until they lose at the Supreme Court. They have yet to pay out from a court case and even if they do they constantly have donations coming in. They have fold their real estate and are actually buying different real estate. Their billion dollars from buildings in New York make them very solvent. There is no slow bleed of followers and the organization will be here long after all of us are dead.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Totally disagree with that assertion , the WTS has sold many of its holding properties around the world including much its properties in Brooklyn New York, which was worth close to a billion US. They just announced the building of a new UK branch in England.

Add that to the new building of the world HQ in Wakill New York .

In view of these new allocated real estate transactions on new build constructions, that doesn't sound like an organization that is cash strapped.

The true reality is the WTS has never been richer than any other time in its entire history, which is mostly a result of its real estate sales.

For example the Canadian branch and the UK branch just a couple of years ago posted their retaining funds at 60 to 70 million each, does that sound like financial troubles ?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    The Watchtower organization is laced with cash. My guess is their using cash to building a financial foundation that is practically untouchable and will support its activity for the indefinite future even if they lose every single donor down the road at some point.
  • fukitol
    fukitol

What finkelstein said. Presently they are absolutely flush with cash, wallowing in coin like Scrooge McDuck.

Nevertheless donations are drying up. Publisher growth in the western world has plateaued and in many countries is going negative, with the only real numerical growth now is in the poor countries. This has resulted in a real drop in cash donations.

To counteract this, the organisation has been implementing tranches of strategic rationalisation to survive for the long-haul. Firstly, they have been selling all their super valuable Manhatten real estate. Secondly, they have been slashing all the printing waste and moving to a more online marketing environment. Now they are rolling out a heavy rationalisation of their Kingdom Hall assets, in conjunction with recently demanding all congregations send them all their savings and enacting what is essentially a regular tithing payment.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    They sell off old properties, then have their members contribute money and free labour to build new buildings. How can you ever run out of money that way.
  • blondie
    blondie

They will eventually run out of old buildings to sell.

Many jws trapped don't give money any more, vote with their pocketbook

Free labor, you get what you pay for

Confidential giving will continue to be a barrier to larger individual contributions, my husband did accounts in 3 congregations and there was always very little given to the headquarters, one maybe gave $100 a month on average and that included local congregation costs.

Ever since the cash flow from publisher to the WTS with the end of the publisher paying for publications, amounts far above the actual cost to print, no money for meals at the assemblies/conventions. It has take 25 years but the downward spiral continues.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    The proceeds of the NYC real estate sale could be expected to produce about $40 million a year if invested carefully. The current financial strategy seems to be sell old properties, transfer the money to HQ, and build the replacement with new donations. I don't think they're going to run out of money anytime soon.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

We all have no idea where the WT corp is as far as cash flow and how much money they have socked away all we can do is guess but they are in a fraudulent business and I'm sure the government agencies are watching them thru electronic means.

But the way things look to me is that they have been spending lots of money with all these worthless printing factories now that the electronic information age has come and stretching themselves financially buying more property and many of their assets takes years to sell. You have these up coming lawsuits plus all the gag money they have already paid out I think we are in for some drastic move by the WT to stay afloat financially in the very near future.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Jeff yes they have a strategy that seems pretty good except for a fly in the ointment which is support withdrawal from the R&F as the WT scam becomes more widely known.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit