No windows in K Hs, why?

by rekless 26 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

Does anyone have the real reason for this.
    I thought that it was for insurance reasons.
    Is it due to the orgs. paranoia?

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Rekless: Vandalism was and is a big problem for all sorts of buildings ... Kingdom Halls are no exceptions. Our Hall even had two gin shots from a high powered rifle cut through the library into the owmen's restroom, and the other through the main auditorium just over the heads of the audience. We had sound equipment stolen, as well as vandalism. So, we put bars on the windows. The new Hall had no windows. The Society carries a group hazard policy that is either serviced or underwritten by a commercial carrier. Heavy window bars, or removing windows, use of steel doors with good security locks, and an alram system can and do reduce insurance premiums. I truly think this was their main motive in moving away from windows.

If the problems with vandalism did not exist, then I am sure the Society would love windows, to advertize how full and busy the Halls have become. Having windows makes the Halls seem brighter and cheerier ... giving the appearance of happiness. When there is concern about JWs wanding off during the meeting, and gaxing out the windows ... most Halls at that time had cutains to block view.

• Imbue
    Imbue

People throw rocks through the KH windows. This becomes very expensive. Then building halls without windows would be cheaper.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• rhett
    rhett

So outsiders can't see the animal sacrifices that go on during the service meetings. The JW's tend to get bad press from that so they decided to block all the windows and only perform them when there were no unbaptized members there.
    Another reason for it is so that no one can take pictures and blackmail the elders for their orgies they have when the CO comes to town.

I don't feel like Satan but I am to them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The real reason, thoough, is that there is nothing outside the Kingdom Hall worth looking at.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• LB
    LB

Having worked on a few quick builds and having been in construction for most of my life I can say the main reason is cost. It always comes down to money. Cost of contruction, cost of insurance and cost of replacement windows.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

When I was a very young child , our old hall had windows,and I always made a point to sit by a window. Only one side of the hall had them.
    It is amazing how much you can learn from watching an ant colony carry leaves back and forth for two hours on Sunday. Well, it wasnt long before they boarded the windows up and I had to find other distractions for myself. Mostly I drew on the maps in the front and back of my green Bible. Remember that dinosaur in it!!!!! But the point is I dont think they want us to be distracted by "the world",
    they want us to forget that there is life outside of those walls and those boarded up windows.

• zev
    zev

the real reason is....

because of the many orgies going on inside.

or so thought a co-worker of mine many moons ago.
    [he wasn't working on all thrusters]

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Beans
    Beans

There`s no new light!

Beans

• Simon
    Simon

Our hall had small windows high up so you could not se much out of them (apart from surprised looks on the faces of people on the top deck of the odd double decker bus stopped in traffic).

I think it also helps to stop people day-dreaming ... our old rented hall had nice big windows which overlooked a field and railway line which helped relieve the monotony.

When they redocorated the hall, the elders did everything and didn't let any sisters get involved with choosing colors, curtains etc...

Whoever bought the curtains bought the exact size of the window so the only way they would close was if they were pulled tight and flat (it was fun watching the attendants balanced on a chair doing this during the meeting).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit