Does God Command Christians To Go From Door To Door Preaching The Gospel?

by Bangalore 144 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

You do recall that Christ is written to have said that if someone rejects you, then simply brush the dust off your sandals and move on, yes?

Can't rely on that...Lying scribes and all

• tec
    tec

Since I was responding to NC with that one, Still, and her claim to 'know' what Christians are supposed to be doing... I think it fair that I can refer to one of the things that would 'tell' her this knowledge that she has on what christians are supposed to do.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Giving witness is not the same as giving proof. I can't give you proof. Never ever have I ever claimed that i could. Nor have I ever asked for something like more voices in my head.

Not sure you're actually reading anything I write to you if you can make that kind of statement.

Just think you're looking to find fault no matter what.

So, basically. You just want people to believe you, based on voices you hear in your head and lying scribes. And you say I am not listening. I wonder why?

And don't bother telling me you don't want people to believe you. Otherwise what would be the point in witnessing if you wanted people to not believe you.

And if you can't give proof...but that is what is required for someone to believe in your christ. What is the point in waffling on about it? Just for the sake of saying you gave a witness? If that is so, then pat yourself on the back. Good job!

• tec
    tec

So, basically. You just want people to believe you,

Nope. I share what i am given, and I give witness to Christ.

I want people to go to HIM.

I would never want to be responsible for someone else's faith.

based on voices you hear in your head and lying scribes.

Now this is a perfect example of a lying scribe.

And you say I am not listening. I wonder why?

I said you are not reading what i write... because you are twisting it into something else. Such as the above example. That would be why.

And don't bother telling me you don't want people to believe you. Otherwise what would be the point in witnessing

That those who are thirsty and seeking might go to CHRIST. That those who are thirsty and seeking might hear something that helps them go to Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

because you are twisting it into something else

LOL...it aint me that twists stuff.

That those who are thirsty and seeking might go to CHRIST. That those who are thirsty and seeking might hear something that helps them go to Christ.

Those that are thirsty have a drink of water. People who want help to hear voices need help alright.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Do you truly think that I am mentally ill, NC? Truly? Because if you do think so, then how can you also think that I am deeply irresponsible... obviously I would just be mentally ill, and therefore not responsible. Just curious how you work that out.

I have stated many times, and even posted a video, that hearing voices is not always a sign of mental illness, but it is certainly a red flag. With you, I tend to lean toward irresponsible. But you do hear a voice, and I don't know if you've had that checked out. I guess I would recommend telling a doctor about it. For me, content of the message does not really matter. There is no reason a mentally ill person can't hear a nice message. On the surface, that seems pretty safe, but when dealing with a mental illness, we can't know all the ways it may manifest itself. A nice voice today could turn into a terrible, scary voice later. Or there could be other symptoms that are not visible or admitted to. A person may tell me that they hear a voice (I also don't think that number of voices matter. Just one is enough), but they don't tell me they are washing their hands hundreds of times a day or stocking their closets with raw meat. But they've given me a clue, and as a friend that feels responsible, my first response will be to encourage them to get checked out.

I have been told about some stories shared from voice hearers. Stories of people that nearly died because they believed a voice hearer. The message was kind and gentle, but what it nearly led to was death. The voice didn't say to let the person die, only that things would be fine. That's pretty fucked up, and that is where the danger is. Belief in these voices, in spite of all evidence, is DANGEROUS even when the voice and the message is very nice. The more I learn about how irresponsible voice hearers are, the more committed I am to warning others.

So you keep encouraging this destructive practice, and I will keep putting out the warning along with scientific information on the process that leads one to hear the voice of their lord. I've had and have friends that are mentally unstable. People like you are a danger to them because they need friends who ground them in reality and point out when they are losing touch. Encouraging or validating this in any way is particularly harmful to them, and as I have said, extremely irresponsible! You may meet one of those friends one day, and you won't know their history. It will not be evident in how they carry themselves. They may tell you they hear the voice of the lord, and they will tell you a very warm and wonderful message. so you'll encourage them, and next thing I know, they will be calling me on the phone saying the CIA is spying on them. Yeah---that's happened to me. A friend who went to a church that believed in personal revelations, so her imbalance was simply covered over until it became dangerous.

I R R E S P O N S I B L E and worse D A N G E R O U S

• still thinking
    still thinking

based on voices you hear in your head and lying scribes.

Now this is a perfect example of a lying scribe.

How? You claim to hear a voice....you say the bible is full of lying scribes.

And I am lying?

Oh I suppose you want me to acknowlegde that you really hear this voice and that the rest of the bible is not lying scribes, and you know what isn't lies based on what the voice in your head tells you, which you claim to be christ speaking to you.

Sorry, can't do that...no proof...just you claiming stuff.

But if it makes you happy, you can lump me in with the lying scribes.

• tec
    tec

NC, the case you cited above involved someone listening to a person who listened to a voice... and that is not what i have ever said to do. Our faith should be in Christ... and not in another person. You can take what someone else says with a grain of salt, but I would never endorse staking your life on something someone else says... NOR would I stake my own life on something someone else says.

There will always be something that the mentally unstable latch onto regarding their illness... this is apparently one of those things. Or something that people will blame another person for, for their choices and actions, like blaming a writer when someone goes out and acts on what the person wrote. We DO bear some responsibility for how what we say and do affects others. But you cannot blame someone who speaks truth about hearing the voice of their lord, for someone who is mentally unbalanced and latching onto that. If not that, then they would latch onto something else.

What would you have a person do, NC? Would you have a person lie about hearing the Lord? If that is the case, then perhaps we should also have everyone stop writing anything about crime (movies, books, songs) because mentally unbalanced people will latch onto those as well, and go out and commit those crimes. So what would you have a person do?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

How? You claim to hear a voice....you say the bible is full of lying scribes.
    And I am lying?

You said that i want people to believe me based on voices that i hear and lying scribes.

So yeah... that is a lie. I say this is a perfect example of lying scribes, because what you did was twist my words into the meaning YOU wanted to imply. Perhaps you believe that is what I say, making it a mistake... or perhaps you wanted to twist my words that way.

Oh I suppose you want me to acknowlegde that you really hear this voice and that the rest of the bible is not lying scribes, and you know what isn't lies based on what the voice in your head tells you, which you claim to be christ speaking to you.

I don't personally care what you acknowledge, or have any desire to hear the above from you.

Peace

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

OK...So you DON'T want people to believe you...and you DON'T keep using the idea that Jesus speaks to you to add authority to what you say. And you have NEVER said or quoted the bible about lying scribes. And you DON'T know which are lies and which aren't, because Jesus has NEVER clarified anything in the bible for you.

Sorry, I don't know HOW I have managed to misunderstand you so much. Apparently you have NEVER done any of that. And of course you never quote the bible to support what you say either....geeesh...what was I thinking...

Nearly forgot....you DON'T keep claiming to have evidence that you never actually provide...other than bible scriptures which may or not have been written by lying scribes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit