Does God Command Christians To Go From Door To Door Preaching The Gospel?

by Bangalore 144 Replies latest jw friends

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

where does it say in the bible the amount of hours you have to do. THe organization is a religon of works. When in fact you cannot earn the gift being givne to all of us. THe congregations are enslaved by man and not set free as jesus said

• tec
    tec

Jesus has two major comments about preaching, most say he only came to preach to the jews. The exception to this is Mat 24 where he says to tell all nations. We now have a quandry, where Jesus contradicts himself, or Mat 24 is an insertion. Surely Jesus would not be

stupid enough to say and teach his disciples to only save Jews and then change his mind. If we read the scriptures the apostles obviously were of the opinion that Jesus told them not to talk to gentiles.

Timing, mp.

He WAS sent only to the lost sheep of Israel, because the promise and the covenant was with them, to be kings and priests for God. But the majority of them REJECTED Him, and so the promise for those kings and priests opened to anyone who would have faith in Him.

You can see this in the parable of the wedding banquet in matthew 22. The king sent his servants to those who had been invited to tell them to come, but they refused... twice, even killing those sent to them; then the invitation was opened to everyone (though even of those only those wearing wedding clothes - the white robe made clean in the blood of the lamb - were chosen to remain; not those who reject the Son)

Christ even says that the kingdom will be taken from those not producing its fruit (such as the pharisees, etc,) and given to those who will produce its fruit.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Actually, I don't hear voices. I've read what has been written here...but you know....they could be lying scribes for all I know. So NO, I haven't been 'witnessed' to, as you put it. The only ones that witnessed to me were....ummm...witnessess...LOL

You were talking about never having been witnessed TO about Christ... by people. Really? Never? No one has ever spoken to you and witnessed about Christ?

Interesting.

Peace to you,

tammy

edited... ah, I see that you have said that you have been here... but these could be lying scribes for all you know. Yes, well, people in person could be liars too for all you know. There is no difference. In any case, anything anyone tells you should be 'tested'. There is no other way to know if what anyone says or writes is a lie, or not. That is the same in ANY scenario.

• still thinking
    still thinking

One of the pastors had a tendency to poke fun at or call out Mormons on their beliefs. He was going off on it one time, and a Mormon who happened to be attending stood up and started arguing with him. I wasn't at this service because I go to evening ones when I go. Apparently this went on for quite some time. I wish I'd been there. Things like that should happen at church more often. People would be less likely to fall asleep or "use the Bible on their phone." I know there are Bible apps, but I think that's just an excuse for people to be on Facebook the whole service. I was thinking about downloading a "Bible app" just for that purpose!

I know what might be better than dowloading that bible app.....just don't go.

Why do people (that aren't Jw's) go if they are that bored. No one is forcing them. Or are they?

• still thinking
    still thinking

You were talking about never having been witnessed TO about Christ... by people. Really? Never? No one has ever spoken to you and witnessed about Christ?

Approached me on the street and witnessed to me? NO (unless you count the scientologist, but they don't believe in Jesus)

READ a load of tripe on an internet forum about Jesus? YES

Had my thinking manipulated as a child by a church? YES

Or.....are you referring to the hard work you do here witnessing tec? Is that what you do? I thought it was just stuff I should ignore because you tell everyone to ask christ not you. You tell everyone NOT to listen to you, So.......................still waiting to hear from him. Unless...you think I should listen to you because you are witnessing?

• still thinking
    still thinking

edited... ah, I see that you have said that you have been here... but these could be lying scribes for all you know. Yes, well, people in person could be liars too for all you know. There is no difference. In any case, anything anyone tells you should be 'tested'.

This is true...people write lies and they speak lies....Jesus seems to attract these types of people....so you are right! it should be tested........still waiting to hear from him......

• tec
    tec

Well, what exactly do you consider witnessing, Still? What would be acceptable to you?

And yes... I do give witness to Christ. But I am NOT Christ. I witness TO Him. Of course you should not follow me, but rather follow HIM. You should go to Him and ask for yourself. That does not mean you cannot consider anything that someone else shares with you... how else would you test it?

You know about Christ... and you see God through Christ. If you want to know him, then you must go to him. Ask, knock, seek... and keep doing so.

Peace to you, and may you be granted faith to hear and to see, if you want.

tammy

• tec
    tec

I'm off to work...

• still thinking
    still thinking

You should go to Him and ask for yourself

Sorry, what did you say, I wasn't listening. Oh, you DO want me to listen to you and do what you say.

Wow...I found that INCREDIBLY boring to read....

It was just what I needed to go to sleep...thanks tec....another fine witness keep up the good work.

What would be acceptable to me? What does it matter? I'm not the christian...ask Jesus.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The thing is that when a person comes to me and tells me about a voice they hear, I wouldn't accept that as a witness to anything. In fact, there is NO WAY in HELL that I would ever accept anything that a person told me a voice told them! Simply inconceivable. I mean let's just break this down.

A person comes to me, says they hear the voice of their lord, and then tells me the thing I can actually investigate for myself is written by liars, but the thing they have to say about their voice (which I cannot investigate) is the truth. Nuh uh. So I'm told I don't have to take the voice hearers word for it, I can listen for the voice myself. Again. NUH UH.

Why? That voice is only as reliable as humans are rational, and humans are not rational without effort. People hear voices all over the world, and what they hear is always in line with their own culture and religion. The Christian in the west that hears Jesus is exactly the same as the Hindu in the east that hears Vishnu. Why? Because that is what the PERSON believes and has nothing to do with the origin of the voice. Why? Because the voice originates with THE PERSON, in their brain, so naturally it will be a reflection of what goes on inside that brain.

And that goes for other forms of supernatural communication claims. Emotions being big on the list; "I felt a sense of peace" or coincidences in the person's life "I was poor and hungry and found a 10 dollar bill". Because coincidences happen to us all, and if we are hungry we will be more likely to spot the money, and because even nonbelievers can have feelings of peace in the middle of being distressed.

So sharing personal revelations is not witnessing about your christ. It is simply giving a glimpse of what is happening in your head, and while that is vey interesting, it is not something that anyone should change their lives over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit