Powerful questions to DEBUNK the flood of Noah's day

by Black Man 63 Replies latest jw friends

• BroMac
    BroMac

@Jookbeard

i've had that too! because of the canopy of water above the earth this caused the heat from the sun to radiate evenly across the globe, dont ya know.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The amazing thing is when you meet scientists and engineers (usually in the physical sciences) who still believe in the literal Biblical Flood, despite the overwhelming conclusive evidence....

Yeah, exactly. I was talking about that sort of thing in another thread the other day. Perhaps those scientists and engineers could form an organization like "Scientists and Engineers for Noachian Flood Truth", would that mean 1) they represent what most scientists and engineers believe on the subject, and 2) Because they are experts in science and engineering, their opinion about the Flood has a cachet of credibility superior to the "official story" of earth's history?

• cantleave
  • cantleave
  • jam
    jam

The most silliest answer to prove the flood happen,

look at the Grand Canyon. Not only JW,s believe this but

a minister (we play golf) who majored in theology, it,s surprising

how many people believe the Crand Canyon is the result

of the flood.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Even better are those who say that the Flood both carved out the Grand Canyon AND laid down layers of sedimentary rock, and not realize the contradiction there.

• jam
    jam

of the flood.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

jam said:

a minister (we play golf) who majored in theology

Ah, theology, often described as philosophy's dim-witted younger brother....

I was talking to an Illiteratiist recently, and asked him which scientists he could name who supported the Flood. I had to pick my jaw off the ground when he said "Kent Hovind", a young earth creationist who "earned" (bought? Diploma mill?) a masters/doctorate in Christian education by correspondenceat non-accredited Patriot University in CO, thus allowing him (in his mind) to use the name, "Dr Dino", and operate the Creation Museum.

Kent's currently in prison for Fed tax evasion (IRS courts apparently don't accept tax exemption arguments based on claiming to be a minister of God and hence all Worldly possessions are God's and not his, and thus not subject to Federal taxation).

As his wikipedia page shows (link above), Kent shows a strong Illiminati belief, with all the typical New World Order conspiracy stuff....

• Recovery
    Recovery

Leolaia do you have any other refutations regarding the Bible's accuracy (other subjects)?

• simon17
    simon17

of the flood.

Totally wrong but not completely out there. If you watch a storm surge drain off a beach it will always cut gulleys and such. Of course, it is still foolish, but to the ignorant I can see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit