Pursuing higher education is comparable with having OCD - according to Gerrit Losch

by cedars 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How many dropped going to school this autumn because of fear of being killed spiritually!

This was something else I was going to say that the WTS. uses which is fear and on so

many levels to support their organization, its corrpt and deceiving, but its advantageous to say the least.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

00DAD

The grammar and the spelling went down the drain. I became a little heated. There is just NO way to use that illustration!

Love Healthy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is it any wonder most long time JWS suffer from some kind of mental disorder or imbalance ?

• cedars
    cedars

I mentioned this over on the "Armageddon / Losch" thread, but it bears repeating...

I've decided to do a blog article about my "Getting to Know" YouTube series. It can be found on the following link for those who may be interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/getting-to-know-our-governing-body

Cedars

• simon17
    simon17

simon17 - the comparisons are fairly obvious.

Someone desiring further education = an OCD sufferer...

College = a bullet through the brain to try and remedy the "illness".

I didn't get that at all from the talk. I don't see how the story would have changed if the person was despressed because of Alzeihemers or a speech impediment or blindness or (insert whatever) and the bullet happened to cure that ailment.

Either way, I think we all agree the whole illustration is absurd.

• cedars
    cedars

simon17

I don't see how the story would have changed if the person was despressed because of Alzeihemers or a speech impediment or blindness or (insert whatever) and the bullet happened to cure that ailment.

Agreed. But whatever ailment you insert into the illustration, an ailment is still an undesirable "disorder" for one to be afflicted with, and the thing causing the "affliction" in this illustration is a person's desire to go to college. The bullet is the risky cure for that forbidden desire.

If the illustration was meant to be applied to everyone in the audience then it wouldn't work, because not everybody has a burning desire to go to college.

Cedars

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This is not a political point, but Losch's effectiveness as a speaker seems to be on a par with Clint Eastwood's recent conversation with a chair.

I heard a radio programme where an interviewer asked Eastwood about that appearance. He is alleged to have said 'They were dumb enough to ask me'.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Either way, I think we all agree the whole illustration is absurd.

More precisely STUPID, Gerrit Losch should have retained same higher education, that way he wouldn't come off as being astounding ignorant.

How many members of the GB have a grade 12 diploma ?

Most likely very few.

Religions isn't about intelligence and knowledge its a game about power and control.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Healthworker: Second of all, there is NO similarities between higher education and shooting oneself in the head.

That's better. But you still gotta' work on that subject/verb agreement thing:

• SINGULAR: there is NO similarity ... , or
    • PLURAL: there are NO similarities ...

Sorry, I'm a High School teacher. I can't help myself!!!

00DAD

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Heh, funny that, with a religion daring to compare education with OCD. I've always wondered if religious rituals weren't in fact started by those with OCD as a cover, with all the obsessions over rosaries, reciting of prayers, Hail Marys, making the sign of cross, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit