Favorite JW Urban Legends

by Christ Alone 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I like the one where 2 sisters called on a house and the man came to the door covered in blood and holding a gun. He had just shot his wife and everyone in the house. When asked by police why he didn't kill the two women at the door he said it was because of the angel that was behind them.

• undercover
    undercover

My favorite one:

"Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Red Piller said: So this man meets this sister. He falls in love. She tells him that he must be a JW. So he studies and progresses to the point where he is in the minstry.

One Saturday morning, the two were working together in the territory. All of a sudden, in between houses, the sister says, "I'm so sick of doing this." And she throws her bookbag in a sidewalk ditch. The man says, "I thought you'd never come around" And he does the same.

The sister says - "You failed my test. I wanted to know if you sincerely loved Jehovah. Or were doing this just for me." The two split up immediatey.

FUNNY!!! My mom told me that same story, except the sister and her boyfriend were sitting in the park. They finished a study in the truth book. She took the truth book and threw it across the grass and said, "I'm sick of doing this." The guy responded "Thank goodness". And then yeah, she said that he failed the test.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Mr. Freeze I have Jeopardy on most nights and it's true the the NWT was the answer for the most accurate Bible translation. I almost fell off of my couch.

• krejames
    krejames

A sister was working on the field service on her own and called on this door when a strnage man answered. She does her presentation and leaves. Later the guy is arrested as a serial kiler. When asked why he didn't kill the sister too, he says he was scared of the two men who were standing either side of her (the angels lol) I've heard that one so many time and was completely taken in by it until a Born Again repeated the same story but about about a Born Again woman not a JW lol. Pure crap.

I've heard the John Denver story and I've heard of the same thing happening at numerous other concerts...the most laughable one was that Annie Lennox said in a concert that there "must be some Jehovah's Witnesses here, as I cannot contact the spirits...please leave" (there was a rumour among JWs that she was a witch, and that, I am sure was based on nothing more than a misunderstanding of one of her song lyrics that said something along the lines of "I used to have my demons in my head" or something like that (clearly meaning figuratively)). I love it when you hear the new generation repeating this same crap for newer artists - I guess every generation has them.

• krejames
    krejames

Oh and I forgot, back when I was a kid a circuuit overseer said at our congregation that we were not to eat red Smarties because they contained cochineal which he said is made from beetle's blood. This one spread like wild fire around the congregations with lots of JWs refusing to eat red Smarties and other red sweets. This gave rise to another rumour that Rowntree (Smarties' manufacturer) had threatened to sue the Society for spreading false rumours (now THAT I can believe lol)

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Red Piller said: So this man meets this sister. He falls in love. She tells him that he must be a JW. So he studies and progresses to the point where he is in the minstry.

One Saturday morning, the two were working together in the territory. All of a sudden, in between houses, the sister says, "I'm so sick of doing this." And she throws her bookbag in a sidewalk ditch. The man says, "I thought you'd never come around" And he does the same.

The sister says - "You failed my test. I wanted to know if you sincerely loved Jehovah. Or were doing this just for me." The two split up immediatey.

Christ Alone: FUNNY!!! My mom told me that same story, except the sister and her boyfriend were sitting in the park. They finished a study in the truth book. She took the truth book and threw it across the grass and said, "I'm sick of doing this." The guy responded "Thank goodness". And then yeah, she said that he failed the test.

I was told the same story as a little kid, except in the version I heard, she threw her bookbag into a pond!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I heard the same one about throwing the boo bag into the pond and he was told he failed the test.

I have said before that some of these urban legends could have been started by the WTBTS itself. This particular one would serve the WTBTS well as it would create fear of ever agreeing with someone that is "tired of living this lie!!" or what ever term that may use.

In this case if someone ever approached you with a thought about the WTBTS being wrong, you would be in fear of sharing concerns you might have yourself out of fear that you were being tested and answering along with the dissenter could be a trap.

IF I WERE the WTBTS I would create phobias like this as it would tend to keep down networking among dissenters.

NJY

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The Annie Lennox concert is being confused with The Jesus and Mary Chain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit