Favorite JW Urban Legends

by Christ Alone 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

A circuit Overseer (yeah, right) joins a chat site online, then strikes up a rapport with another person online. Her avatar is some hot chick. Eventually, he ensnared by her dirty talk and decides to leave his wife. He leaves his wife, gets DF'd, and decides to get a plane ticket to the states to meet this smokin' hot woman. He meets her at the airport, and instaed of being some fit 30 year old, she is a 60 year old hag with teeth missing etc.

Moral of the story? Don't use the internet, unless it's to use JW.org. and don't lust after younger, hotter women.

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

That's interesting, I've heard the John Denver story from people in the US, but never the Chris de Burgh one.

In the UK, there is the same story about Annie Lennox.

• processor
    processor

there is the same story about Annie Lennox

But Annie Lennox doesn't play Guitar ;) ... what exact story?

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

hahaha @ozbrad... thats what i think about

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

that Bono of U2 used to study with JW's

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Forgot about the UN story, ChristAlone...Good thread. I really believed that one, too. (Embarassing)

So this man meets this sister. He falls in love. She tells him that he must be a JW. So he studies and progresses to the point where he is in the minstry.

One Saturday morning, the two were working together in the territory. All of a sudden, in between houses, the sister says, "I'm so sick of doing this." And she throws her bookbag in a sidewalk ditch. The man says, "I thought you'd never come around" And he does the same.

The sister says - "You failed my test. I wanted to know if you sincerely loved Jehovah. Or were doing this just for me." The two split up immediatey.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

There is also the story about the two sisters that are in service and come to the door of a serial rapist/murderer. Later on, after the guy is caught, he tells the police the reason he didn't harm those two JW ladies was because of the great big guy standing behind them. It was an angel protecting them, or so they say.....

Love these kind of threads.

• Dark Fader
    Dark Fader

That John Lennon wrote the hit song, "Imagine", after talking to Witnesses in Field Service.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Dont' recall the details, but there was a CO and his wife who visited a remote group in Africa where spiritism was practiced. All night long the demons tried to get into their tent, shaking it, banging on it, etc., but were unsuccessful because the two of them just kept praying out loud and saying Jah's name.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

CA - I remember hearing that exact UN one when I was out in service 10+ years ago. I recall having just read the new "Daniel's Prophecy" book and questioning the society's reasoning on the US/Britain being the lower half of the legs made of iron (in Nebuchadnezzar's immense image dream), with the Roman Empire being the top half. Their reasoning was that Britain was once a part of the Roman Empire. That sounded like quite a reach. Soon after....I heard this urban legend and quickly prayed.....begging forgiveness for having dared question the explanation as it came from teh society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit