The purpose of the flood, because man grieved him to

his heart, so he started over. Did his plan work? God had

no idea what the outcome may be. He drown millions of

folks, for what. Today we are the same as before, wickednes

of man is great, and that every imagination of the thoughts

of his heart was only evil continually. So after the flood, God

said " I will never agian curse the ground because of man, for

the imagination of man,s heart is evil from his youth.." Hello,

if he knew that about his creation, why was it such a big surprise?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Heh, I love this topic.

Note that the reasoning YHWH used to justify the need for the Flood was, "the evil found in the hearts of man".

AFTER YHWH kills all humanity (minus Noah et al), God seems resigned to accept the imperfect nature of man, accepting the defect by realizing that "evil is found in man's heart from his youth". He killed millions just to conclude something that he already knew?

That's an element found in this YouTube video, where product liability lawyers sue God over his failed recall (the Flood) for a defective product (mankind).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQvQv9o-Mg

• jam
    jam

KS: That is so weird, I have never seen that before.

LOL. Happy to see that I am not the only one that think

God don,t know what he is doing. God thinking, screw you

guys I,am out of here.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The story is completely goofy, and makes YHWH appear to be a bungling boob:

YHWH is supposed to be a great judge of human character who reads men's thoughts, but he didn't know about that little "evil in the heart" defect? He was a poor judge of character by not addressing the defect with the Flood, by allowing Noah et al to be a carrier of the defect, so he failed in his objective and comes off as a hot-headed lunatic.

Further, the passage about "evil in hearts of the thoughts of man" reflects the errant belief of ancient men at the time that humans thoughts were occurring in the heart, and not the brain. So God is again ignorant of his own creation, so there goes the "Intelligent Designer" claim.

Arguably, the only worse case of a bungling God was the failure in the Garden, or the Tower of Babel failure to stop man's progress by scrambling language (and how did it take interpreters to overcome God's blockade?).

• Listener
    Listener

I remember my father reading the story to us but would always at the end emphasize the authority that God has and can use. He would explain that it was to show mankind that he can destroy evil when he wishes and save those he chooses. Basically as a forerunner to the final cleansing that will take place. He also loved to tell us about the rainbow which symbolized the idea that God can make promises to mankind and will keep them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well to put it bluntly he accomplished sweet F.A. ,but you already knew that .

My question : Why were all land animals destroyed in the flood ,what sin did they commit? .Apologists may say but God put representatives of all animals in the Ark.

My next question : Did all of the life forms under the sea (sea Creatures ) die off in the flood ? If no, why not? And if an apologist suggests they did where is the scriptual proof ?

Did Noah also have fishtanks on the Ark ? I don`t think so

smiddy

• jam
    jam

Another thing, the flood between 2600-3000 BC.

Time for millions to be born. Over 2000 yrs, it took that

long for God to realize there,s a defect in my creation.

The mold (Adam and Eve) was defective. In a factory where

production work is done , if the mold is defective every part

that come off that assembly line will be defective.

Ok, Jesus came along to correct matters, but he had no

kids. We are still defective. Who,s to blame?

Help me out Christians am I missing something here?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is obvious to the vast majority of people that the Noachian flood as described in the Bible never happened, when my son challenged a JW on the nonsense, pointing out several things that simply could not be, the JW said "It must have been a series of miracles that Jehovah performed". Huh ?

That pathetic excuse still doesn't answer Big J's evident obtuseness and leaves us with the conclusion that the story shows Him to be most unwise, if not downright thick.

As said above, if it had actually happened, the Flood would have caused myriads of unjust deaths and accomplished two things, not much and sod all.

• serein
    serein

the flood was mainly to kill of the sons of the angels that were born to them by the women of the earth,

and he gave all humans at the time a chance to change as noah was building the ark for a long time and telling people about it and what they should do to be saved, no one cared,

and also i dont beleive the flood was all over the earth, it may have to just been in that area were they dwelt, maybe all the earth didnt need to be flooded as it wasnt populated everywere at the time,

but its true adam and eve did have the fault of evil in them that past down to us. but even thoe we have this it dosnt mean we have to be evil we choose to be,

anyways in my mind god sent the flood to kill the evil of the angels and there sons,but i do think somtimes why did he have to kill everyone else,

im not going the juge of god, he new his reasons and even thoe we still same, and nothings changed, it has becouse the demons arnt living among us now and haveing children, they only here in spirit.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Did Noah have lots of unused space on the ark where all the potential passengers his preaching was supposed to save from drowning would have lived during the flood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit