I Do Not Think Everyone That is a JW Wastes Their Life

by Magwitch 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• simon17
    simon17

Indeed it is the right life for someone. And if those people cause no other pain to other people's choices I salute them and wish them the best in JW-land. But if this woman caused a child to have a miserable life of guilt and shame, wanting to leave and feeling like a second-class citizen based on informed personal decisions, than her life, however nice for her, is still not ok. There were plenty of happy Nazis too (not to compare the two but you get the point). As long as their is tolerance, I wish any happy JW all the best.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I Do Not Think Everyone That is a JW Wastes Their Life

They wasted their lives promoting and abasing themselves in human ignorance when they could have enhanced their intellect by learning

modern secular knowledge. In addition separating themselves from direct family members who were not wanted to follow in their path.

JWS waste their lives and everyone thats around them.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Condolences to you dear Magwitch.

Thank you for sharing about your Grandma.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Magwitch - I am sorry for the loss of "grandma". Its sad losing grandparents, because they've been around....... forever.

I agree that not ALL JW's waste their life. We all live to make the most of what we have and what we think is correct, no matter the belief. And she did that as a JW.

I compare the org to a bullet. Some people get shot, some die. But at times, they survive and if you take the bullet out, they will become a vegetable or die.

Some need to keep the bullet.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Sorry to hear of the loss. I tend to agree with the opinion that it's not a wasted life. There was some good to be had and a price to pay for it, as with anything.

The older I get, the less judgmental I want to be; it's one of the traits I learned well in my youth. There'll always be somebody who judges you or them and it's a train I have no more desire to ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit