I Do Not Think Everyone That is a JW Wastes Their Life

by Magwitch 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

There really is greater happiness in giving then receiving. So if they lived a meager poor life, thinking it was all giving, and in their heart it was, they will be happy. If they wake up on TTATT, then the giving may seem like it was waste and a lie, then they may despise all the wasted time or if the sacrifices were for nothing. Giving to the poor and needy though is never wasted.

It's very hard for those of us who do believe in God and whether whole bible or not in if should wake one up or let them be happy how they are. It will come down to how God will judge......will it be looking into their hearts (they all truly feel it's right), in which case waking up is risky if they lose faith in everything, or since the scriptures speak of judging others and such, will he see it as hypocrisy and hold the judgements they had on others on themselves. If he looks into hearts, many may be excused. Or will he see the devotion to the men as idolatry, no excusing for ignoring the bible, and hypocrisy for judging others on the truth when they didn't have it. (in which case waking up is their only chance).

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

But since I don't have all the answers, I don't unless a very good reason at the moment.

• Glander
    Glander

97 ? Way to go! if she was happy that is what counts. One question, during her long life did she ever shun anyone because she was told to?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I agree with the sentiments of the above posters. Some JWs have been in the Watchtower so long that finding TTATT would be devastating. We must remember that the Watchtower and JW religion is an institution, more like a spiritual and mental prison. Individuals who've spent a life time in a secular prison become institutionalized and often find it difficult, if not impossible to adjust to a life outside the walls. They are like the character, played by James Whitmore, in the film Shawshank Redemption. So it is with the JWs.

Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

• flipper
    flipper

MAGWITCH- I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, she sounded like a really great person who enjoyed her life. That being said - even though she enjoyed her life - she, like my 87 year old JW dad and 85 year old JW mom were lied to ( in my folks case since 1951 ) that they were going to live forever in a Paradise and never die. They were all told that in their lifetime Armageddon would come and that allegedly God would rescue them from the wicked world they live in. Which was and remains really unethical on the WT society's part for doing that to older members and all members really. The WT society is mainly interested in what our faithful parents and grandparents gave to the cult, not what the cult did for them.

I agree with you that at my parents age I wouldn't want to burst their bubble as it may devastate them that the WT society lied to them OR that the dreams promised them are not true. So, yeah, at this age ignorance may be bliss - but it still doesn't excuse the WT society for lying to our parents and grandparents. So it's good you did what you could to support your grandmother in a kind way, but the WT organization uses everybody up. You have our deepest condolences . Sincerely, Mr. Flipper

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Good post Flip, agree with every word you said.

• elderelite
    elderelite

How dare you mag! That is CLEARLY sympathizing with the watchtower. Why dont you just go back and knock on doors??????? /endsarcasium

Sorry for your loss dear....

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am sorry for your loss and am glad she died happy with what she did with her life. At her age to think that it was not the truth would have been horrible, it is good that she died not knowing ttatt.

Again my heart goes out to you at this time.

LITS

• patient
    patient

I am sorry for your loss - sounds like a wondeful lady - happy for her..... I had a wonderful friend in Michigan Naydean Boedecker who died in her 80s very happy having been a "faithful" JW for so many years - I was happy for her in her faith to the end - made her happy ... was not for me but not all bad for some as has been said many have improved their lives with the "faith" they developed .... Mag again sorry for your loss ... many good memories tho ....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sorry to hear of your dear Grandmother. 97 is a good, long run. Interesting to hear of her thoughts about ole Joseph. He must have been quite charasmatic.

I have mixed feelings about lifelong JWs who really, really believe its THE TRUTH as you say. Part of me finds it amazing that some can live almost normal lives within the JW cult. You know, the ones that have goals, ambitions, and drive. They are a small fraction of the membership, probably 10% or less. Personally, I could not compartmentalize like that, I had to get out to live life.

Sounds like she was one of the truly happy, the ones I wish could see a paradise earth on the other side...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit