At This Point In Your Life Would You Care If You Were Disfellowshipped or Disassociated?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sosad
    sosad

whatever is currently your situation, i think it is important to remember "this too shall pass". that applies to great things - like being faded and still having reasonable contact with family, or being dfed and desperately wishing you could have that same contact. the reasons I went throught the reinstatement process as a teen were valid to me then, but now do not exist. and the reasons my family desperately wanted me to da have also morphed. If you live your life so that you are proud of the reasons you do things, that is an accomplishment worth being proud of.

• HelpMeBelieve
  • HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Elephant say's "is there a difference"

A person could leave the Organization due to doctrinal errors with a touch of bad people being evil. Brother B is disfellowshiped for selling drugs and raping little girls and the end result is?

Nobody knows who the bad person is, but Brother B will be called upon once a year by the elders to see if he has had a change of heart from jail. Brother A. will be left alone forever, B is more evil and unworthy of a yearly check up, he has been judged to go to Ghenna!

James Wood's illustration is perfect:

"It reminds me of what the test pilots used to call the notoriously dangerous ejection seat in the F-104 fighter - "a way to commit suicide to avoid being killed".

• minimus
    minimus

Helpme, well said.

• jemba
    jemba

Yes I dont want to give those creeps any power over my life and the relationship I have with my parents and siblings still in.

My life and the way I live it has absolutely nothing to do with them but eventually they will come calling and Im hoping to give them nothing...I think my Hubby will come out swinging the baseball bat though, so interesting times ahead.

Its true though, you can be a drug pushing rapist or a person who doesnt believe in the FDS crap and still recieve the same sentence, and of course the dubs will have an absolute field day imagining/gossipping about why you got DF.

Right now Im still going through some really angry stages of fading away where I want them all to get hit by a truck or blown away by a machine gun (mainly the elders) and also feeling massive resentment for my parents being so stupid to raise me in a fear based mind control cult that nearly ruined my life on many occasions.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I couldn't care less at this point. I will not participate in any efforts to readjust my thinking or attend any judicial proceedings because I don't enjoy confrontation nor do I have any interest in listening to someone tell me how wrong and how bad I am. I have decided that I am entitled to refuse to interact with people whose sole goal is to force me to conform to their idea of who I should be.

• minimus
    minimus

Judicial meetings are kangaroo courts.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Too right Min, I think too that they are illegal under Human Rights legislation here in the U.K and Europe, the way they are held. Here we have certain rights established in those laws as to how Courts and Tribunals are supposed to be structured and operate.

I know that the WT will claim, this is just internal religious discipline, but if that is so, it is not a "Judicial" meeting is it? you cannot have it both ways WT.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The only reason it would matter is family. Sounds terrible, but I really could care less about friends. In some ways it would be a relief. At times it can really be painful to watch people be so manipulated by nonsense that I wish I wasn't there.

But in the end, family is it.

• Elephant
    Elephant

help me writes-

Elephant say's "is there a difference"

A person could leave the Organization due to doctrinal errors with a touch of bad people being evil. Brother B is disfellowshiped for selling drugs and raping little girls and the end result is?

Nobody knows who the bad person is, but Brother B will be called upon once a year by the elders to see if he has had a change of heart from jail. Brother A. will be left alone forever, B is more evil and unworthy of a yearly check up, he has been judged to go to Ghenna!

James Wood's illustration is perfect:

"It reminds me of what the test pilots used to call the notoriously dangerous ejection seat in the F-104 fighter - "a way to commit suicide to avoid being killed".

...good point helpme...except you are expressing reactive emotions influenced by jw parameters...if those parameters are 'imaginary' to you...then, again....is there i a difference?...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit