At This Point In Your Life Would You Care If You Were Disfellowshipped or Disassociated?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm curious.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi Curious.I'm "Rip"

The short answer would be; "No". However, for the time being, I'm just hoping to shake and wake up a couple of friends. If I can't successfully accomplish that, then it doesn't make a difference to me what the elders in my cong. decide.

• Elephant
    Elephant

minimus-

is there a difference?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would care. My mother says she would have to shun me, but I bet she wouldn't. Still, it would strain the relationship. My in-laws would feel duty-bound to shun me and that would create stress in my wife's life.

• minimus
    minimus

The result is the same< Elephant.

Rip, so at this point in time, you would prefer not to be df'd.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I understand exactly what you're saying.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Wouldn't even faze me.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I've already disfellowshipped THEM (the Society) from my heart.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I doubt I'd notice, but then I have no friends or close family still in, and I haven't been in a KH since 1988.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would not be terribly upset, it would make little if any differnce to most of my life. I do have extended family still in, but they have minimal dealings with me at present, almost as though I am DA'd or D Effed.

I like my present "inactive" status, I still may be able to help one or two of my family because of it, and when I meet JW's I just love to see their discomfort, how it flashes across their mind "Is this guy DF'd ? oh no, damn it, I'll have to be polite to him, I really wanted to shun him".

Funny to watch, makes me giggle as I say a cheery "Hello!" to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit