More excrement in the fan

by outsmartthesystem 49 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

Two can play the game. Teach the kids to say "It's a Cult" a lot. Teach them to say "Jehovah doesn't like false prophets."

Seriously, it sounds like your wife has completely drank the Koolaid. She has completely lost respect for you. No wife who respects her husband would do this. Trust me. I was in this situation when my elder husband stopped attending meeting and going in service. My thoughts were "if he's not going to be in the truth then why am I staying in this marriage." If only I knew then what I know now, we'ld probably still be married. With JW's, it's all about "serving Jehovah together as a family." Even romantic love is based upon both of you staying "in."

You have my deepest sympathy but the kids have to come first. She is not teaching them to have respect for you. You need to demand that she and the children show respect for you. If she throws up the "you have to earn our respect and you aren't going to meetings so you don't deserve it" well then, I leave it in your capable hands to find the correct words to set her straight.

Be exemplary. Don't give her any ammunition to use against you. No violence, no threats. Keep things calm and civil.

Get yourself up and out of this depression. See a doctor, start working out again and get yourself well. Your children need you to help them escape this cult. Perhaps, one day, you wife will follow.

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm really sorry. I can understand the depression too...I believe I've all the symptoms you just described.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

outsmart-I am so sorry that your family life has deteriorated so badly. Your wife is truly behaving abominably. Your poor children are stuck in the middle. It is good that you recognize that your need to treat your depression, I hope it helps you to regain your zest for life.

Your emailing your lawyer with a copy of the custody brochure was an excellent pro-active move.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

(((OUTSMART))) My heart goes out to you. I think sending your lawyer a copy of that brochure was a very good idea. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of having your little ones parroting unkind words to you. I agree with what some others have said about depression. No one likes to take medication but sometimes it is necessary. You need your physical strength and to be able to have your mind clear. It sounds like you are going to have a battle before you and you need to be prepared on all levels.

Your wife is being very disrespectful and her cold comment to you was not called for. No one wants to see their marriage fall apart but unfortunately this often is what happens. Only you can save your children from a miserable future in the organization. They need you. Draw strength knowing that you have friends here who really care and will give you moral support. Leslie

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OSTS: It is amazing how true/genuine love and affection and concern can be flipped like a light switch.

It is hard to believe until you see it. But then it's unmistakeable.

I'm sorry, hang in there. Take care of yourself and your children. Do NOT let your wife control the frame.

00DAD

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles, OutSmart the System.

If possible, can you document the things your children are saying about you?

I sincerely hope that it doesn't come down to a divorce, but when a mother and wife teaches her children that daddy is "... friends with Satan...", then it's high time to do something - and if the lawyers and courts get a look at THAT, I sincerely hope that YOU end up with full custody of the children.

Zid

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OSTS, I was thinking more about this and it is important that you are an Agent of Reality in this situation for your children.

Live up to your name, OutSmartTheSystem, and all will be fine!

Best wishes and keep us posted,

00DAD

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

Wow, I was on the verge of tearts, just reading this. The worst thing is that she is not only treating you that way,. but she is teaching your children to treat you that way. I have been through the "why do you worship satan" question, except it was my parents to my child who then asked me. It takes a lot of control to not go off on someone who has damaged your children that way. They dont realize the fact that they are HURTING your children when they do that. Its absolute BULLS%^%$#%!

ON top of the coldness your wife showed towards you when you told her you were going to the doctor. Wow. If that had been my husbanmd I probably would have shot him. :/

I suffer with depression and other issues like being bipolar and such., Its' tough to deal with on top of the bull you are having to deal with at home.

Im not good at making friends, but I would like to make you the offer of an ear if you need one, or a venting source. I know anyone here would offer you the same. Feel free to send me a pm.

• LV101
    LV101

Ditto what's said above re/exercise no matter and professional help. Consult atty. and go after cult for your health and family condition (not that it's possible but worth a try). Find a doctor to help you cope/maintain in your present circumstances so you'll be around to protect your little ones from the w/tower molesters. Focus on your children as much as possible (keep your eyes on the cheese) once you've taken care of your own mental health.

• perfect1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit