How to talk to an Elder (Need help ASAP)

by okage 35 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Unless you have a promissory note signed by your MIL for the funds you put out to bring her mortgage current I think you should regard the monies you put out as either a gift or rent. Retribution will not help your relationship with your MIL or your wife and it won't even help your piece of mind and it definitely won't get you your money back. Revenge feels good until the fallout. If you're that financially stable I see no reason to stay at your MIL house and perhaps your wife (and you) should consider some counseling to work out dependency and boundary issues.

Oh, I see your wife is ready to go? Then leave already and get out from under your MIL's thumb.

Last bit then I'm leaving this thread. If you don't want advice about private matters then dont bring it to a message board. You invited folks to make comments about your private affair/mess. No one here solicited any information from you. You did that.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Okage,

I know everything I need to know about you because:

1) You can't capitalize the first letter of your sentences.

2) You blame other people for your problems instead of taking responsibility and moving on.

3) You're vindictive like a teenage girl. You don't act like a mature married man.

4) You do nice things for people and when they don't act the way you think they should, you look to "destroy" them. Have you ever considered becoming a JW yourself? You would fit in great.

Should I keep going or do you get the idea? You come on this site, most of us victims of the Elder's and their B.S. and ask us how to wield that weapon against somone else for your petty piss-ant problems. BOO EFFF'N HOOO!

If you loved your wife you would love her Mom, even if she is a bitch.

Grow up Dude. Focus on putting a roof over your wife's head and not being a tough guy on the net. Go take your pity party somewhere else.

Your welcome that I was an A$$ enough to shoot straight with ya.

• dazed but not confused
  • jgnat
    jgnat

I stand by my comments. I am glad your wife is planning her exit with you.

If you continue with your revenge plan, you will continue to be tied to that MIL, only in a new way. Leave her behind, man.

Besides, the elders are no help to "worldlies". They have the appearance of moral people, but their ethics are questionable. When crap hits the fan, they close ranks.

"no one gets to cost me my hard earned money" - happens all the time in families.

Don't let this MIL rob you of the enjoyment of a home, your wife, and your peace of mind.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Okage,

Dont you watch movies.

Vengenance never works.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Won't your wife receive an inheritance from her mother when the mother dies?

If she does, then consider the money you've paid for the mortgage to be an investment in something you'll get back eventually anyway.

No one forced you to help out your MIL. You helped her out, good for you. That's what families are for.

Get on with your life and stop acting like a little sissy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit