Absalom prefigured young JWs who fist bump, play video games, and take pictures of themselves with the opposite sex

by JimmyPage 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

That video game in the illustration looks a lot like Halo. The Society hates Halo? I hate the Society. PFF!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well Halo's are pagan symbols, so that game is evil even before you pop it in!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I remember reading this article in the Watchtower thinking 'WTF?!' I really did not know how to respond to this to my wife so I said nothing.

I wonder if my wife even paid attention during this study? I will never know but I sure am glad she is willing to sign our kids up for gymnastics, soccer, swimming, and even karate. I figured I just keep quite about the cult BS and allow my wife to continue doing these things for our kids and I doubt they will ever take this religion seriously when they are older.

• minimus
    minimus

I HATE EXTREMISTS!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

00DAD - enjoyed your analysis on the previous page. It is amazing how they instill their followers witha fear of everything: the world, unsavory, fist-bumpers within the organization. The fear stuff is always followed by the run-to-daddy's-arms stuff.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Great analysis, folks. Unfortunately this is not a one time strange article. This is becoming the the norm for WT teachings- especially at district conventions. The only real hope for this religion is to mainstream but they are heading the opposite way. Prepare for more ugliness as the leaders grow crazier, more paranoid, and ever more controlling!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Isn't it wonderful to know that the whole essence of Absalom's being was simply to prefigure 21st century teenager? What spiritual enlightenment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit