Absalom prefigured young JWs who fist bump, play video games, and take pictures of themselves with the opposite sex

by JimmyPage 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Jehovah's Witnesses top the list in not being able to hold on to their younger members. So what do they do to combat this? Do they go out of their way to change things to keep the next generation, their only real hope of long run survival?

No, as usual, they double down on crazy and go out of their way to alienate them.

Cults eat their own.

That's my impression of the most recent WT study which had an artist's rendition of an ordinary teenager doing ordinary things- fist bumping their friends, playing video games, and taking pictures of themselves with the opposite sex. This poor ordinary guy gets labelled a modern day "Absalom" and the WT conductor says the only answer for others around him is to "cut off all association with him".

Gee, I wonder why the WT just doesn't seem to appeal to young people anymore?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Didn't Absalom hunt down his brother for raping their sister? Horrible chap. Wouldn't want to be like him.

Fist bumping is a gateway to other kinds of bumping.

• JimmyPage
  • JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

And always wear your suit coat!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think the guy refusing to look at the cellphone (cuz good boys don't look at cellphones) looks like the young man in the ASL masturbation video.

• NewChapter
  • JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Ding ding ding we have a winner! LOL wow good eye! He is rejecting it because the last time he saw such an image he chafed himself.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL--- I just CAN'T get his face out of my head!

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

That's my impression of the most recent WT study which had an artist's rendition of an ordinary teenager doing ordinary things- fist bumping their friends, playing video games, and taking pictures of themselves with the opposite sex. This poor ordinary guy gets labelled a modern day "Absalom" and the WT conductor says the only answer for others around him is to "cut off all association with him".

Whoa. Which Watchtower is this? If this is true (and I'm sure it is, after seeing the picture), then they've alienated....everyone.... that I remember growing up with.

Thanks,
    Jack

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

At our meeting the conductor focused a lot on that picture. He said it was so beautifully illustrated that the freedom the world has really isnt "true" and that Jehovah lovingly provides us spiritual food like this so we can see the difference between what he offers and what the world offers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit