Meeting attendance

by DATA-DOG 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

Sundays attendance is quite solid. Dying and leaving Witnesses get replaced by immigrants. Thursday attendance is always at least 20 people fewer. CO not happy about it.

P.S.: Don't tell anything personal to Recovery, he's a spy and will report you to the "authorities" without hesitation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Recent report said our Sundays are at 90% or better.

Midweek 80% or so.

Up from 6 months ago.

I think they are now letting low hour pubs go inactive so as not to hurt their statistics. No more calls by the Secretary or Service Group Overseer, and if you just turn in 1 or 2 hours once or twice every 6 months to "stay active" -- they don't count you any more. Now when you attend an occasional meeting you are a "guest" that inflates their data instead of a "pub" that lowers all of their averages.

Doc

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whoopsies!!

Sorry I got totally off-topic last nite. My lack of sleep affected my better judgment...

• baltar447
    baltar447

Oh, we have a spy in our midst! Hey Recovery, or any other spies for that matter. Please feel free to PM me, I'll give you "personal" details of how far my foot can go up your a$$.

Baltar is in a BAD mood today...

• jgnat
    jgnat

THERE IS NO congregation in our community. The Kingdom Hall is closed. There was a special needs talk at the closest congregation to us, about not taking offence. I think I've spotted a couple faders.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Jgnat: A closed kingdom hall is a happy hall. One day they will all be closed, let us pray that happens.

Kojack

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Northwest England ,attendance the same ,but very unhappy congragation ,stoping the Book study arrangement has definetely got things worse .The small group arrangement created a family envioment ,the KH feels cold and unloving now ,that has created clique's .

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It is interesting the things that are done to play with the numbers, but this will bring the publisher numbers down, which will affect the yearly totals. How do they overcome that?

• nugget
    nugget

When I was married 24 years ago Salisbury congregation was growing in number and had to split into 2. I have just heard that they do not have enough people for 2 congregations any more and are recombining. Their excuse was that once a couple of large families leave the area then it has a big impact on numbers. Who are these "large families" the Waltons and the Brady bunch?

• blondie
    blondie

Thursday attendance lower, that means 20% are missing 3 meetings a week, 2 designed to make them better ministers......

jgnat, how much farther do the jws have to drive now that the KH is closed? Might be a reason to be offended.

I might ask why these families moved away and why it takes families to fill up a KH and not new people from outside.

The CO told the elders that if it weren't for the immigrants (legal or not) coming in, that there would be no increase in the US.

How many know of congregations with telephone hookups and how many people in their area use them (any restrictions?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit