Meeting attendance

by DATA-DOG 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OOPS!!

Just curious. If you are an active JW, still in for whatever reason, what's meeting attendance like? My congregation just seems to be dying slowly. We recently got a talking to about meeting attendance being really low. The meetings are your life-line, blah, blah... Not only does the life seem to be slowly leaving all but the most indoctrinated of dubbies, but the KH is barely half- way filled. I wish nothing bad upon any victims of the WT, but I am hoping the waters dry up soon. Is anyone else noticing this trend?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have not gone to a meeting in close to 10 years. So I cannot comment on your question. But I have a follow up question: did you see any additional zeal or bump in attendence when the changes were made to shortining the Sunday schedule and combining the bookstudy and Thursday meetings?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Not really.. The only thing I noticed was happiness when one meeting was cancelled, and replaced by " Family Worship " night. The only real increase that I ever notice is around the CO visit, and that doesn't last. Well, maybe around the Memorial season and that doesn't last either. It just seems that the regular crowd who is always there despite what special events may be happening, the " regulars " are on the decrease. It could just be my imagination. I am mentally and emotionally out, just physically trapped for now, so maybe I have just stopped caring as much......

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

Meeting attendance numbers seem to be unchanged by all the reports I've heard. Most congregations average 100% or better. The Wednesday meeting is 75%-85%, usually on the low side. Of course, those numbers are based on the number of publishers in a congregation. Children always artificially inflate this number since they are counted but are not publishers, so 100% is not reallllly 100%

• ziddina
    ziddina

I haven't attended for 25 years, but every once in a while I drive past a local KH with the intent of eventually showing up as an "interested" person...

Things are apparently 'thin' enough in this area - Denver, Colorado - that they've combined 4 congregations into 1 kingdom hall...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I only know of two congregations, both in country towns, because my mother & sister go to one of them. One has dropped from 70 people in the 1990's to 50 now, with many of the older and widowed sisters being irregular at the meetings: and the other congo has 20 people at the Sunday meeting, and has been in the same hall for over 30 years. The Witnesses are an endangered species in Australia, and I almost... feel sorry for them, lol!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Mine is growing.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rip, is it growing internally, with babies being born to JW families [against the admonitions of the Watchtower Society, I might add ] or externally via converts?

And if externally, are the converts native to your area, or are they immigrants or 1st-generation children of immigrants?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Z- Foreign Language group

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit