Brothers playing sports are so aggressive.

by Kaiser 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "JW's have a lot of anger, especially the men. They are constantly emasculated ..." Data-Dog

I think both genders have a great deal of repressed anger due to unresolved internal conflicts and cognitive dissonace over the glaringly apparent fact that they've been lied to by the Watchtower Society. Though they can "stuff" their fears and concerns away from the conscious mind, that subconscious mind isn't as cooperative at accepting lies passively.

And isn't it odd that a religion/cult that supposedly extolls the superiority of men, also emasculates them??

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

Brothers used to play sport every week from our hall. There was never any physical fighting that I saw, but the aggressive language, bullying and hatred towards anyone who couldn't play the sport at a high level was shocking. It was so bad, I stopped playing.

Then a study started coming to the meetings. After a few months he was invited to play the sport. Half way through, he said he had to go and got in his car and left.

It turned out he was totally shocked at the attitude of the brothers and said it was the worst set of players he had ever seen - much worse than his workplace team.

He never went to another meeting.

Most of my friends still played and elders got involved and word went around that everyone had to calm down. My friends told me it was pleasant playing after that. For about two weeks. Then the nasty, abusiveness returned.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've got quite a few stories, and one elder (fat, childless, and gray.......... so I won't have to name him but his initials are RM) use to wack kids at full speed. He also pouted to get people playing with less skill off the court.

Quite a few tantrums, and never played to enjoy. F&&&&ck you RM.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

falseprophet............ tumbs up

• designs
    designs

Testosterone release. We played Football almost every Saturday afternoon and had competitions with other congregations throughout the LA area. Full tackle no padding.

• hellenback
    hellenback

Don't mind aggressive sports Just hate cheating. Jws cheat at every game they play. Depression is anger channeled inwards hence3 why so many suffer depression & are on meds

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The soccer games were generally OK we used to train and play every Wednesday(summer) and play and train on Sundays for a good few years, one incident shocked me so much I wound down my time with these "brothers" when a white brother launched the most foul disgusting racial tirade to a Ghanaian brother in my cong, I played with some excellent brothers though some had been close to professional standard.The cricket matches used end up with a lot of verbal exchanges, the "F" word commonly used, my mates old cong used to read out the intercongregational soccer results for a period during the announcements at the Service Meeting! Another mates old cong got gripped by golf, elders MS' etc, FS was completely forgotten about for a while, obviously the CO's quickly came down on these activities.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Yeah seen that, in new zealand rugby was the game, extremely rough, I gave up participating early as these games were rediculous, many many injuries in what was supposed to be a friendly game between bros, one bro recieved a broken leg that to this day (30 years) still gives him major problems

• ekruks
    ekruks

I have to agree with this - peoples legs/arms being broken at football matches, lots of swearing, just so aggressive, win at any cost - stopped going in the end.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

haha. i didnt really notice. while everyone was trying to act tough in a game they were never allowed to play, i was grinding a table on my skateboard. the few single girls loved it because i was like a WT approved punk. ya know, i think i understand why i wasnt very popular with the bros.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit