Warnings for TRUE Christians!!

by The Searcher 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Jesus repeatedly warned his followers that they would not know when he would return. He was not warning unbelievers, he was warning them!!

Why was he warning them? Because of the unsavoury elements which would be present amongst his followers, prior to his return.

2 Thess. 2:4, 1st Peter 4:17, and Revelation chapters 2 & 3 (and other texts) confirm and justify Jesus' warnings to all who claim to be Christians. The following illustrations given by Christ, should be a wake up call to all Christians as to the seriousness of the condition they would in, whether they realised it or not!

(Matthew 24:45-48) Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings. "But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’. (Both the faithful slaves and the evil slaves were in the same house!!)

(Matthew 25:14-15) "For it is just as when a man, about to travel abroad, summoned slaves of his and committed to them his belongings. And to one he gave five talents, to another two, to still another one, to each one according to his own ability, and he went abroad. (All these slaves were in the same household!!)

(Matthew 25:33) And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. (The goats had infiltrated the flock of sheep!!)

(Matthew 13:25) While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat, and left. (The weeds had been planted in the same field as the wheat!!)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Are you counting time?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Saying "TRUE Christians" is a way of elevating yourself, easing your cognitive dissonance. Anyone who disagrees is not a true Christian.

I won't bother to say more.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Scripture balances scripture.

John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; for he that is not against us is for us. (Mark 9:38-40 NWT)

Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men]. "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. (Matthew 7:19-21 NWT)

I would say anyone living as a Christian doesn't have a thing to worry about. God recognizes the good and spurns the bad. It's actions that count.
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What constitutes a "true" christian? I've always wondered that. There are tens of thousands of groups that all claim to be "true" christians. It is good to see you have a direct line with God.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Another reason why I think self professed "True Christians" are nothing more than a bunch of nutters with some major delusional issues.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

First, I find it despicable that the JWs translate the word “servant” as “slave.” There’s a huge difference between the two. As many theologians and scholars have said—I would never be God’s slave. Servant, yes. Friend, yes. But slave, never!

Second, I don’t believe Jesus is speaking about a group or body of men. He is speaking of individuals. The scripture states: “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?” Meat is sustenance, and the servants of the Lord are expected to be ready to sustain their families and the church. “Blessed is that servant, whom his lord, when he cometh, shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.” In other words, those servants who prepare for the Lord’s coming will be rewarded with a crown. The next verses speak of an “evil servant” who is not ready for His coming. That, too, is not a body of people, but are individuals.

The JWs put their faith in a body of men who have been neither called nor ordained, and if so, who ordained them? And whence did they receive their calling? The General Body is a manmade group who has taken “this honor” unto themselves. The apostle Paul warned that those who serve God cannot take the honor unto themselves, but must be called “as was Aaron.” (See Hebrews 5:4) How was Aaron called? Through direct revelation from God, to Moses. How was the General Body chosen? It was chosen by men and not God.

The servants of God are not slaves. A servant is “One who is privately employed to perform domestic services.” A slave is “One bound in servitude.” What’s the difference? A servant is a free agent, whilst a slave is not. And God is not about taking free agency from man. He will not do it nor can He do it. Those who serve God do it voluntarily, and the translators of the JW Bible have made a grave error in not realizing it.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hee hee!

Along with what New Chapter said...

I'm not a Christian at all, so I guess I don't have to worry...

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

True Christians have taken note. False Christians, such as those who slander people they have never met, or are uncharitable, will not take heed of these warnings. Godless atheists will have a nice Sunday.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

He's not coming back, get over it.

Live a good life and treat others with respect and dignity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit