Views on handing out literature during field service

by Joey Jo-Jo 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

I accept everything I can get from the JWs and I put it to good use--

• blondie
    blondie

jws pay zero (believe I have 5 accounts servants in my family and there is no big jump in donations in connection with publications for some time)

jws rarely ask for any money from the householder (even when jws paid for publications they were embarrassed to ask for money and ate the cost which meant the WTS got their money). Since 1990 the WTS gets little. If you consider all the publications the WTS prints for jws personal copies and the ones jws order to use d2d (and end up in storage in their homes), the WTS gets little money any more from that source, but no matter how small it seems, the WTS does expend some to print and are getting next to nothing from publishers. If the WTS could end the publication arrangement like they did the food arrangement at the assemblies/conventions, and had jws bring their own food. The day may come when jws will all get their publications off the internet or through the computer of the elder body.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

I refused to pay for magazines when picking up literature. If a householder contributed for the mags then I would put that $$$ in the box. I thought it was a scam to have us pay for them and then give them the cash from a householder, in effect paying twice for the literature.

As to the posted question I'm really not sure which would cost them more. _Leslie-

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    a pioner on a trolley was telling me that kingdom halls dont pay for literature but headquaters and each kingdom hall just order what they want for free from headquaters.just this week i have seen a trolley full of teaching books that were printed in 2006 and the OLD VERSION of the "what does the bible really teach" also thses past weeks i also got from a troleey a book printed in 1998
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Recycle bin.....so it will be used on something useful.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    brandnew7 hours agoRecycle bin.....so it will be used on something useful.

Yes. I hear they make hospital bedpans out of recycled paper. How ironic...one load of kak will contain another.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Is accepting literature benefiting or damaging the cult, and why?

JW believe in their work and that God is using their lit and movement to help people, and there is a good feeling when someone takes the lit because JW hope that it will help that person somehow.

Accepting or rejecting the lit does not affect the JW movement in the least. If the person takes the lit, the JW believes he has done his job. If the person rejects the lit, the JW believes he has done his job. Before the internet, the only practical way to publish JW views was with printed lit, but now with the internet the printed lit is not really needed., especially with JW website. If you don't want the lit don't take it. If you want to take the lit with the intention of throwing it out because you think that that it will cause JW financial loss, you are wasting your time. Before throwing it out, just you looking at it or reading something in it will have the intended effect and purpose that the publisher want, they believe that they have done their job. And if you deliberately take it just to throw it out, it shows something about the person you are inside and they have done their job. If I do not want something , I tell the person offering NO from the get go,don't want to waste his time or mine.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fisherman - If the person takes the lit, the JW believes he has done his job. If the person rejects the lit, the JW believes he has done his job.

This is true. For me personally, I don't make a deal of it...I simply get shunned anyway....unless it's some newbie that doesn't know me. Then, I politely decline and may have a friendly natter. After all, that was me once. My resentment is with the leaders of the cult.

• jhine
    jhine

Stealth thanks for the tip . I have recently got a baby budgie .

Jan

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    taking literature is bad for the cult because it all has to be paid for by headquarters and when a member of the governing body has been on the web saying that they have got more money going out then coming in then to me that says that money is tight.It depends where you live a friend in the uk was telling me that all their "what does the bible really teach " books are printed in new york and then have to be shipped to the uk and then transported 100s of miles all over the uk.Also in the uk all their foreign langue versions of "what does the bible really teach" are printed in germany.How much does it cost to transport books from new york to the west coast

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit