Views on handing out literature during field service

by Joey Jo-Jo 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

It is brought to my attention that some non jw's deliberately accept jw literature just to throw it in the bin.

Their intentions are perceived as positive meaning these non jw's throwing their magazines away is a good thing.

What is your view on the matter?

Should they accept or not accept their literature, and why?

Is accepting literature benefiting or damaging the cult, and why?

Thank you,

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Throwing away any left in public places is better still.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

good question. im against trashing books and anything along those lines but i am totally against what i perceive to be completely toxic to a persons judgement. i also know not to elevate my opinion as to what is acceptable for others minds. id have to say that im against trashing it if you dont read at least the first paragraph and decide after reading if it belongs in the trash. but its WT propaganda.

that is a really good question, i am so torn.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Great thanks, what about my last question? - Is accepting literature benefiting or damaging the cult, and why? - I should rephrase this question to - i s accepting literature financially benefiting or damaging the cult, and why?

• Stealth
    Stealth

They are good for lining bird cages... and its free! win-win

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

last question. it could go either way. accepting litteratrash makes their numbers look good. printing is done by slaves with tax free equipment. but declining it makes #s look worse and they can use that to backup the "time is here" claim. so eh. no loss of revenue either way unless the #s get them a better gubment subsidy. just my opinion. my deadlock involved junking books having not read some of it and knowing where it belongs.

• arwen
    arwen

If you accept the mags.. they will return and work on you to have a study. If you say no, not interested and please put me on a do not call list it will end their visits for a year or so maybe. I think financially it is worse for the borg to not get those mags placed. they will have a lot of old outdated mags to leave in laundermats.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

fakesmile wrote last question. it could go either way. accepting litteratrash makes their numbers look good. printing is done by slaves with tax free equipment. but declining it makes #s look worse and they can use that to backup the "time is here" claim. so eh. no loss of revenue either way unless the #s get them a better gubment subsidy. just my opinion. my deadlock involved junking books having not read some of it and knowing where it belongs.

Thank you.

Would there be a loss of revenue due to a decrease in supply? Let's say many change their mind and don't want mags. the printing press now produces less magazines and the slaves pay less for magazines due to the decrease in supply (less hand out's of watchtower literature).

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

the good news is that a decrease in demand will cause many moldable ppl to be dismissed from bethal; which in many cases will cause disenfranchisment among many very loyals. which is a good thing. so maybe just a decline would be the best. honesty might just be the best policy. no thankyou i dont dislike you personally but i cant abide what you believe or just act a fool and make these ppl realise that they are wasting their time. whatever works for you as long as was mentioned before... NO violence and the sprinkler system, while funny, isnt cool either. peace luv mon.

i love how these threads help excercise my business instincts.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's my opinion:

Offered litteratrash should be refused. Found litteratrash should be placed in the garbage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit