NO JESUS MOVIES OR DRAMAS?!!!!

by DATA-DOG 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Not that I recall, the closest they ever had was a long time ago where the characters said, "there goes Jesus", or "Jesus was just here." I guess they figured it would be blasphemy for an imperfect man to play the perfect Jesus.

• blondie
    blondie

I do think the Greatest Man book was studied 3 different times at the book study. I enjoyed the lack of the paragraph/question format.

I was said the we never studied the Mankind's Search for God book.

• steve2
    steve2

Good question. I assume it would be because brothers would be tearing each other's throats out in their auditioning for this prized role.

I can see it now as the local congegation elders begin to sift through "suitable" "talented" brothers auditioning to play the lead role of Christ Jesus.

And whoever "won" the role would become more insufferable than they are now:

"I played the lead role of Christ, so you guys will fkg listen to me or I will deliver a searing sermon".

No, the GB are slow on the uptake on many many issues, but they are not stupid: One Christ was quite enough - and look at all the controversy he stoked up.

Besides, what next to entertain the tired rank and file? A drama featuring Chuck Russell? If so, I bags playing his ballsy wife.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

They lack the quality production apparatus which would go into making a modern film, not to mention qualified and suitable actors. If they did a movie, it would be more of a documentary starring their short haired Jesus with narration. Then their preaching Jesus would segue into a modern scene of Witnesses going door-to-door.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They quietly ditched the Greatest man Book, as it placed to much emphasis on Christ.

I think that's overstating the case somewhat. They studied the book three times and offered it every December for years.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I guess they figured it would be blasphemy for an imperfect man to play the perfect Jesus.

I don't remember any Jesus characters in their drama's but I did play the part of Jesus in a JW play once. I remember the CO being in the audience at a school gym. Weird set of memories!

-Sab

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I only once recall Jesus in one of the dramas at the District Assembly.

They were using the baptismal pool to depict Jesus walking on the water but the brother depicting Jesus didn't know how to swim and nearly drowned in the pool.

Rub a Dub

• steve2
    steve2

Reason? Jesus has refused permission to allow them to portray him. He has his reputation to think of.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, they have finally made a drama with Jeebuz in it. Sure it took 100 years, and they will NEVER make an actual movie, because it would be torn to shreds for its blatant inaccuracies, but Jesus Van Der Beek is all the rage right now!

Do you think Watchtard spies visit this site??

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    It's a card they waited for desperate times to play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit