Update on Candace Conti's Case

by mind blown 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

d-7 can you pleeeease tell me what page its on or a linkS

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    "But you will hear that when Mr. Kendrick was removed as a ministerial servant, that's a significant event, it doesn't happen every day, that's a signal that something is wrong."

I think the bold-faced phrase could be targeted by Conti's lawyers. Removing a "minister" does happen more often in the Watchtower than in other sects. Having them reinstated, and later removed again also is not a rare event. The WT's legalistic practices impose major punishments frequently, and for a wide range of offenses. As others have said, an MS could commit sexual abuse or show poor productivity, and the punishment would be the same. There was no clear indication that Kendrick posed a danger to other members of the congregation.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

You can save this link to check the progress anytime or sign up at the site for email updates

everytime something occurs .

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=1&doc_id=2025979&doc_no=A136641

• life is to short
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know this is mean, but.........

" For example, the elders that will, I believe, testify in this case, Michael Clarke, does clerical work for a parts company. Gary Abrahamson is a janitor, works nights cleaning offices. Larry Lamerdin, a pool cleaner, ....'

These people are NOT qualified to be in any kind of counseling position or ANY position that affects people's lives for years to come. When I need to have my pool cleaned, or my office cleaned, or I need a distributer cap, then I'll give these guys a call...

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

DATA-DOG

You said it .

• sd-7
    sd-7
    These people are NOT qualified to be in any kind of counseling position or ANY position that affects people's lives for years to come.

Agreed. Not that being a doctor would help if they're still just Watchtower policemen. Policemen? Oh. "Poor choice of words!"

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7
    d-7 can you pleeeease tell me what page its on or a linkS

The quote about ministerial servants not giving sermons or conducting Bible studies is on pages 70-71 of the transcript for the first day of the trial.

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/cases/Conti-Jury_Trial_Transcript-Day_1_May_29,_2012.pdf

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Interesting stuff. Still in the first day's transcript, p. 175 or so. So the elders think this guy has lied to them about molesting someone, but they don't mention lying as an additional sin in their letter to the Society? One would think that that would be a really important matter, as lying to the elders would generally mean you're insincere. Insincere...or unrepentant. Yet he wasn't DF'd, despite lying to them about something this serious. It's baffling to me, further still, that these elders, from what I have read so far, didn't follow up at all with this family to see how they were doing. One elder found out the police had been called and told the other...but no further shepherding calls? Nothing? I just don't get it.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

The other thing I'm thinking of, as I read this transcript, is, the elders barely even take time to greet people before they do their five-man huddle at meetings, in many cases. It's highly unlikely, based on the general conduct of elders, that they would have been able to really keep an eye on him or stop him from isolating a child somehow. He didn't grope his stepdaughter at the meeting, so obviously he wouldn't have done that to any other kid in plain view of everyone else.

And they keep using the analogy of adultery as a basis for the need for confidentiality. Most people don't need a lot of protection from someone who commits adultery, because that person usually isn't preying on any and everyone. I just don't get it...(sigh)

For whatever reason, they think that because Awake! says the obvious, that parents need to protect their kids, that this excuses the Society from any responsibility when, heck, the elders won't even give them the full story about what happened, apparently. It's crazy.

The other thing is, how is it confidential when (1) the entire body of elders is informed, (2) whoever you spoke to at Watchtower is informed, and (3) whoever reads the letter you sent to Watchtower is informed as well? That's like nearly 10 people you just told right there. Usually the rumor mill catches stuff people do, where I come from--but apparently not in this place.

The guy was put on probation, and that doesn't prompt the elders to go and pay a visit, ask about how they're doing? Also, they don't speak to the 15-year-old stepdaughter alone, they ask her about molestation in front of both parents??? Yeah, that's going to work out well. Worse still, if they knew he was lying about it being an accident, what reason did they have to believe that what he told them was exactly what happened?

Well, detectives these guys ain't.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit