Update on Candace Conti's Case

by mind blown 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Just think, the WT could have avoided all of this by just displaying common decency.

• life is to short
  • mind blown
    mind blown

.......Sept 12th and ticking........

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

what is the deadline for appeal?

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Thanks for the update and congrats to Candance. I will be watching for more updates and hoping any others who suffered abuse will also get justice.

PHG

• mind blown
    mind blown

According to the article Hoffnung, the WTS has till Sept 19th.

• sir82
    sir82

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the legal dept. these days?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I don't know what thread I should post this? But I would like clarification of what's up on Oct. 3, something about a default about "Appellant" on appeal request: ??? did the WTS not process this action correctly,,did their attorney not action this correctly?? Deliberate or ignorant?

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/service?ServiceName=DomainWebService&TemplateName=jsp/imgviewer.html&rofadt=10/03/12&Action=27898168

"appeal to be dismissed unless . . . . . "

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

It seems the attorneys of the WTBS made kind of a request that is not conforming to the law. that might be one little mistake too much from their side (hopefully)...

The 10/3 "notice of default" is no big deal for anyone. The WTBTS lawyers screwed up by not submitting the record of the trial in exact compliance with the California Rules of Court. They have 15 days to fix that mistake or face a potential dismissal of their appeal (at the court's discretion). It's a small mistake that is very very very unlikely to have a detrimental effect on the WTBTS appeal. They'll fix the mistake since they have 15 days to do so.

A fresh out of law school lawyer at Jackson Lewis is having a bad day at work over this. That's as far as this goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit