Update on Candace Conti's Case

by mind blown 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

Just ran upon this info:

Candace Conti Beats the Watchtower Society!

Submitted by Teeny on August 27, 2012 - 9:22 pm

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jw-lawsuits/candace-conti-beats-the-watchtower-society/?fb_action_ids=348543075229733&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=246965925417366

White Knights - Candace and Kathleen Conti

Yes, that’s right, Candace Conti, our White Knight, has won her court case against the Watchtower Society!

I’ve just spoken with Candace’s mum, Kathleen and here’s what she told me:

The Judge asked Candace if she was happy with $11.2 million punitive damages. Candace was happy with the amount! If she wasn’t, the Judge would motion for a new trial, but again, that would only be if she wasn’t happy with the amount awarded. But there will be no retrial as Candace is happy!

If the Watchtower Society does not pony up the $11.2M now and decides to file an appeal next month by the 19th September, they [that's the buffoons in Watchtower HQ] will have to start paying 10% interest on $11.2 each year which would be over $1M every year on top of the very expensive process of paying for the appeal itself. Either way, they’re screwed!

Now go share this info with the planet!!!

And that my friends is how the Watchtower unleavened cookie crumbles. Expect Jehovah to start asking you all (current Kingdom Hall going Witnesses) for money.

Guys, I can’t stop smiling, neither can Andrew. We’re over the moon.

We’re also in talks with Rick Simons, Candace’s lawyer about publishing a joint press release. There are other current and ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses who have suffered sexual abuse due to the Two Witness Ruling. Due to her boldness and courage, Candace has proven to be our White Knight and the shining light of hope for those that are either too scared to talk or simply because until now, thought it impossible to break through the Watchtower Society’s legal team.

If you know someone that has experienced sexual abuse, now is the time to speak up. Please email the JWB Team and we’ll do our best to put you in touch with the right people.

Our friend and fellow JWBite, Barbara, has all the Conti files listed on her website. You can view them by going to http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/cases/conti.html

• smiddy
    smiddy

A pity it still wasn`t the 28 mill.but what the hell, a victory is still a victory.

Good for you Candace

smiddy

• Londo111
    Londo111

Awesome!

• Quendi
    Quendi

Now the question is will the WTS appeal? If it does and SCOTUS eventually rules against it, then we’re looking at another $2 million or so in additional damages. If it doesn’t appeal, then the Society is still in a bad way because no gag order will accompany the award and the court records will remain open for anybody to consult. The same would be true if and when SCOTUS looks into the case—if the Court agreed to hear it.

It will be up to the WTS Legal Department to decide how to proceed. The WTS lawyers probably already have a plan which they are ready to implement. All of us will be watching closely, but it seems to me that no matter how the WTS proceeds all the outcomes will be bad ones for it.

Quendi

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you for sharing and give a big to Candace and Kathleen.

• arwen
    arwen

Thank you for the good news.. we all appreciate it very much and All the best to Candance and her mom.

• jgnat
  • Aware!
    Aware!

This made my day!

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Cheers for sharing my article Mind Blown.

It's such a great win for the Conti's and a massive loss for the Watchtower Society.

Cheap plug coming up...

Follow my blog, JWB. The JWB Team and me spend a lot of time putting together the various articles and we feel that the additional humour can be quite therapeutic.

Our latest article takes a look at one of the Elders that wouldn't play ball in the case - Gary Abrahamson - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jw-lawsuits/gary-abrahamson/

Cheers,
    Jaymes 'Teeny Pyjamas' Payten

• jgnat
    jgnat

G_D, good article, and a really great comment by Candace Conti at the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit