Do you ever just start CRYING for apparently no reason?

by Terry 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Terry- it's so good to have you back at home! You're a very reflective thoughtful deep thinker. You brought up many reasons for your emotions. I started crying as soon as I read your OP.

Everything that you've personally experienced with your illness is still so tender. You have been through another ordeal in your life and have made it back. And your emotions are just a part of who you are and what you've experienced. Let the tears flow freely. Terry.

I held my tears for so long, Terry, because I thought that once I let my floodgates open, it would never stop.

It stops. And I found that there's nothing wrong with giving in to one's emotions as long as it's counterbalanced and not depression.

We're all getting older. The idea that I may never grow old is over.The processing of that is painful. My loss of loved ones is painful. The time lost is painful.

Then you step back and appreciate how precious time becomes. And while you have the health, time, strength and desire for something, you recognize that it shouldn't be squandered on insignificant things.( which I need to consider as I'm writing this)

Terry, the crying phase will pass.

It just seems that appreciation for living continues to grow as we get older, while the time to live it is lessened.

Maybe that's why everything just becomes more precious.

"Rip"

• Quentin
    Quentin

I'll be 63 in March...when I got into my late 50s I would tear up, or cry about a lot of things. As we grow older we truly begin to understand there are many things we cannot control, nor do anything about. When we were young, we were full of piss and vinegar. Now we are older and have more respect and reference for live. No shame in crying, tears show we are human.

By the way folks, if I have my arithmetic correct, Terry is 65, has never spent time in hospital, except to visit other's. In fact, I think he told me once he was born at home, could be thinking of someone else. As my granddaughter says I'm an "Old Fart, that can't remember what time I got up, let alone what day of the week it is", ain't kids a delight?......

One more thing, about an hour ago Terry went in surgery for one of four root canals he needs done. Now if that don't make you cry, don't know what would....

• James Brown
    James Brown

Terry, it seems like you have a reason to cry. You just went thru a medical crissis.

Also You retired, stopped working in the last year. There are a lot of changes there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit