Do you ever just start CRYING for apparently no reason?

by Terry 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Terry,

What you have gone through is very "par for the course" (golf term) LOL!

I think just getting out of the hospital has serious repercussions for anyone, let alone an exjdub.

Think of this way...go back 20 years and think if you'd feel that way. Proven "Conditional love" has it's harm toward all of us, the best thing is to counteract with UNconditional love, seek it , find it, and hold it.

Often we can get it where we are not even looking for it.

If you want to talk more, PM me,

Get well and yes they say " this too will pass"

DG

• serein
    serein

iv always been over emotional and iv always cryed about every unfare or sadend happenings in this world,

but when iv had operations it did make me feel even more emotional,

i think someone who crys like this are very loving and sincere people who care alot.

• Glander
    Glander

Get well and yes they say " this too will pass"

I always say that phrase in my prayer over a meal.

Seriously, the hardest I have ever sobbed was over the death of a young family member a few years ago. Whatever the reason one let's go of the knot in their throat it is usually a theraputic thing and there's nothing unhealthy about it. In my humble opinion.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Can’t say that I just start crying for apparently no reason but my eyes do get moist if I am moved by something but then I am a gladiator.

What moves me the most is a generous act or someone showing compassion.

• talesin
    talesin

Am I discovering some profound truth or just wallowing in self-indulgent moroseness?

Yes, you have discovered a profound truth!

I have not read the thread, only the OP; no need.

Before I was 29, I neither laughed nor cried. That is why I had the nickname "Spock".

Can I preface this by saying I am very happy you have recovered well? And that it scared me, to hear of what you were going through? So painful, and life-threatening.. (Terry)

You have been through a near-death experience, which has affected you in a life changing way. There is a silver lining though, which is a good thing!

When we have only known control and abuse, our emotions can be shut down (see above: Spock), and now, the floodgates have been opened!

It's okay.. let the tears flow, and probably you will experience other emotions more intensely,,, anger, for example. Just go with it, and let them run their course, and explore the origin ... for example, your tears may be shed because of your prison experience and the great betrayal that it represents, along with other hurts and betrayals. Do not be afraid ... emotions cannot hurt you, and opening up, examining them, can NEVER be as painful as the events that caused said hurt.

xo

tal

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It is all part of realising how profound life is. We are all playing for keeps, and there is no way back. Then it is all over. Forever.

I saw a video of a party I was at in the 80s. So many of the people there are now dead. I will never see them again, or laugh with them or kiss them.

I was in a car crash a few years ago and could have died. I was bursting into tears after that. I think any life threatening situation makes us more emotional...

How can any of us not be moved to tears? Life is so amazing and we will all lose it, along with everything else.

HB

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Nice to have you back with us Terry.

I cry often, sometime quite deeply (though I'm not going to tell anyone). Perhaps we are more connected to all life than may first appear, and every so often the dam breaks and you get a big wave of it from all around you. In my oppinion it's a good thing. Better to be more compassionate and empathetic, than a sombie.

You had a NDE?

• designs
    designs

Always a reason for tears. My Dad has been gone 12 years now and I still tear up everyday seeing his picture.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yes I do. I think the sublime beauty and pain of simply living every day is more than enough to start anyone crying who seriously reflects on it.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I would agree sooner7nc, that at times the sublime beauty can bring us to tears. Yet, the pain of everyone on earth can seem to blind us at times, to the most beautiful.

I'm happy you chimed in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit