new here, my story

by doingwell 23 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you doing well , your mom is an exception in not shunning you , so good for her .

welcome to the board

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome doingwell . . .

Reflection is good now and then. An enjoyable read.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Welcome, everyone feels drawn to friendly people who have similar backgrounds and something in common. It can be healing to express youself.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Welcome & glad to know that you moved on with your life...so sorry to hear about your mum's medical condition.

Kool Jo

• OMJ
    OMJ

Welcome to the board. awesome story.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome! Liked your experience, especially:

Sorry, a book that has been interpreted in completely different ways by many well-intentioned - and not so well intentioned - people can't count as TRULY knowing.

The first thing I asked myself when I figured out TTATT was How do I know what I know? I came to the same conclusion as you about the bible.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Welcome !!

I enjoyed your post.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Doingwell, Welcome!

I enjoyed your story and I am glad you're .... doing well!

00DAD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome doingwell

Where this leaves me today is "spiritual but not religious". I really want to believe in a good, kind God - or perhaps a force, or the "Source" for life that does not judge and punish over things we don't truly KNOW.

This pondering question reaches many people but the knowledge mankind has gradually obtained about the world in which we live tells us that

( all ) gods were created by human imagination and ignorance at the time and place they were originally created.

Religion is really about interpreting the embellished mystical stories told of particular gods/spiritual deities of very ignorant ancient civilizations.

This is where the real human folly begins to the detriment to are own modern civilizations living today.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to this family!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit