If Russell Were Alive Today He'd Be DF'd For

by Dutchie 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I was just thinking that if Charles Taze Russell were alive today he wouldn't even recognize the religion he started. In fact, many of the things he did are now disfellowshippable offenses. For instance, he had a Christmas Tree in the Bethel home and he wore a beard. Can you think of any other things he did back then that he would be in deep trouble for todat?

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Dutchie,

Don't worry about Russell. Worry about yourself.

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

smoking..cigars..

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

oh sorry.. crosses too

• Will Power
    Will Power

He preached, & recorded in his tracts (I have exact copy if date needed) that Jesus should be worshipped. And that John 1:1 stated: ....and the word was God.

Now this is a 180 don't you think? Not light getting brighter.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Fred: I do worry about myself too and thanks for mentioning it. But because I am a compassionate person I also worry about others. Why, Fred, I even worry about you.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

I doubt he would be disfellowshipped as he was a humble man. He wouldn't have been stubborn and hard headed willing to follow his own agenda and hurting his brothers like apostates do.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Actually, YoYo, I never got the impression that Russell was a humble man. He was strong in his beliefs and it was hard to dissuade him from what he considered to be the right thing to do. Apostates, as defined by the WT, are not out to hurt their brothers. On the contrary, the intent is to enlighten the brothers and to let them know that no man made organization will bring them everlasting life. So actually "Apostates" are engaged in a public service work.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Dutchie,

And I'm a compassionate cat.

• alamb
    alamb

What about the pyramid of Giza mess? Measurements....I have the book and still am amazed at that teaching.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
    -- Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit