faced opposition related to World
    War I. A period of relative inactivity,
    like sleep, set in. But in 1919, there was
    a call to wake up! Jesus had come to
    God’s spiritual temple, and a time for
    inspection arrived."

isnt it should be 1918?

*** w07 4/1 p. 22 par. 5 Loyal to Christ and His Faithful Slave ***
    “On arriving” to inspect the “slave” in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual “food at the proper time.” He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or “slave,” and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

may this is a new light?

• cedars
    cedars

mksy - It's confusing, I know.

It seems Christ came to inspect the Bible Students in 1918, and officially chose them to be his Slave Class in 1919. However, I have yet to find a single publication that explains this clearly.

Cedars

• Splash
    Splash

What year did Jesus’ Inspection take place, and what was the immediate outcome?

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Failed Inspection Watchtower May 15, 1951 page 303

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower November 1,1955 page 633

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower January 15, 1960 page 47

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Failed Inspection Watchtower February 1, 1972 page 79

Inspection year: 1919 Result: Failed Inspection Gods K'dom of 1000 Years (1973) p. 231

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Failed Inspection Yearbook 1975 page 87

Inspection year: 1919 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower Sept 15, 1983 page 20

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower March 15, 1990 page 14

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower May 1, 1993 page 17

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Failed Inspection Isaiah’s Prophecy II (2001) page 396

Inspection year: 1918 & 1919 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower March 1, 2004 page 17

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower April 1, 2007 page 22 par. 5

Inspection year: 1918 Result: Passed Inspection Watchtower January 15, 2008 page 24

Inspection year: 1919 Result: Failed Inspection Watchtower Sept 15, 2012 page 25

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Didnt they still hold to the 606 BC date back then? so 1919 was the year.

Then it changed.

Again.

HB

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

From 'Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained' (1958) pg. 188:

Still another way God foretold that his witnesses would go into a deathlike spiritual state is by the valley of dry bones. God put a strange vision or picture into the mind of his prophet Ezekiel. The Bible tells us what Ezekiel saw: "The hand of Jehovah was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of Jehovah, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. And he caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry." -Ezekiel 37:1, 2, AS.
    God told Ezekiel that these bones stood for "the whole house of Israel." So the bones pictured the whole group of spiritual Israelites in 1918. What hope is there for dry bones? None. So it was with the spiritual Israelites; all hope for the witnesses seemed lost. The hope of gathering the last ones needed to make God's spiritual nation complete seemed about as cheerless as a pile of dry bones.-Eze3kiel 37:11, AS.

Well that clears that up! It wasn't 1918!

Oh, and Welcome, mksy!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Self promoting propaganda has its advantages when you run a publishing house and you can do it yourself.

Thinking realistically, since the WTS. is a religious publishing house is this really all surprising, I don't.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

When you constantly lie, your story never ends up making any sense.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When you constantly lie, your story never ends up making any sense.

OR, When Truth is ever changing, it's hard to remember the truth.

Doc

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Mksy ...... welcome ... looks like you signed on in 2011?

Looking forward to more of your 'stuff' !

This 1919 thing is such mess, I think watchtower is just wishing

the whole 1914 1918 1919 thing could just go away! Idiots!

>

What really gets my blood boiling tho, is this statement ...>

WT study ed this sept (p.25) reads:

"Just think how discouraging it
    could have been to expect the end and
    for it not to occur "

>

The sheer gaul and nerve of these lying phonies to say this

in light their history of failure ... then they just order the brainwashed

to just stfu and quit whining about it!!!!!!

clarity

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm still unclear as to the Watchtower reasoning of Christ coming in October to a war that had already started months prior....

Why was he late?

Since I'm late to everything, does that make me Christlike?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit