Any born-ins have this attitude about converts?

by Nambo 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• SophieG
    SophieG

I agree that "hotness" trumps any stigma of being either too inexperienced or visa versa. Pretty people have no trouble getting the opposite sex to date them.

This may be true outside the org, but inside the org, even beautiful women are passed over if the born or raised ins think the women are "damaged goods." The brothers would make it well known they wanted "tall, big boobed, small waisted, virginal, elders' daughters who were also pioneers." These fellows would turn their noses up at the most gorgeous sisters who had been in the world, divorced or were single mothers.

We've had threads here about beautiful sisters who married plain or ugly, boring brothers. This is partly why.

LOL! One of the reasons why I left the org as a teen was because I wanted to go into the entertainment/modeling/fashion industry! I would tell you guys who I was compared to in the modeling industry but that may blow my cover!

I came back in and looks and brains never mattered to the super spiritual guy... I was "damaged goods". Whatever...they all did me a favor! :P

• Nambo
    Nambo

Dont forget, you've also got the loving Spiritual advice from the older members guiding the choice of younger ones.

I was'nt even baptised when a Sister started to court me, I had just come in from the world so had no concept of "damaged goods", however, the mature sister who was studying with me warned me off her as she had done one solitary slip from perfection, so I was warned that Jehovah wouldnt bless me if I married her, that I would soon meet a good Spiritual sister.

Out of obedience to God therefore, I stopped the courtship, I was new and just doing what I was told, didnt know of the JW Caste system back then.

Ths shoe was on the other foot when some years later I met that super spiritual sister and really fell for her, she was warned off me by the Elders as though I hadnt done anything wrong, I wasnt a pioneer so wasnt deemed good enough for her.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

I also disagree with the whole, hotness trumps the issue. I used to sometimes tag along this group of four very, very pretty girls (actually, they were easily considered the hottest girls in our year in high school), and I noticed that not one single guy would ever come talk to them. No one, and I mean no one, and we were given the stink eye. At the time this surprised me, because in school it was completely the opposite, you couldn't get any face time with them because guys were always slobbering after them.

Took me a while to realize why, but when I did it made me kind of sad. One of those things that made me realize, slowly but surely, what crap that organization really is.

The elitism is totally there, and it's funny because my mom was not a born in, but even she herself fell prey to that mentality, commenting on sister so-and-so is not to be trusted, or that brother so-and-so can never understand Jehovah or feel him because he used to drink or smoke or whatever.

• Dark Fader
    Dark Fader

What a great thread! I can vouch the born-ins were always leery of the converts as my Mom was. Did anyone else ever hear, “Can’t you find a nice girl from a nice family born in the truth?” But I thought wait a minute- you were a convert so how does that line of reasoning work!

Truth be told many of the converts were socially retarded but I admired those who seemed to be normal yet at the same time I wondered what made them join up! They were 2nd class pubs and when one of these convert brothers were fast-tracked to responsibility it created both a flurry of whispers but also a flurry of... why can't you reach out like so & so!

The sisters were especially criticized. I remember a nice family coming in getting up to speed in the Hall. The wife was pretty attractive and well, had a nice set of tooties on her. She couldn't walk without a jiggle! They always sat in the front of the Hall and I enjoyed the times she got up during the meeting to use the bathroom as she bounced, I meant walked the length of the Hall. If it was distracting to me in field service I wonder what the householders thought! I digress!

I always envied those converts who got to experience life including Christmas, birthdays, even the military. What was it like and why can’t I experience what you did? Worse were the converts who had a college education! I loved it when they had to play that aspect down in their comments and behavior.

Like I said, most converts were social retards but there were some keepers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit