Those Wonderful Kingdom Songs

by Quendi 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I love the beauty and near perfection of this guys playing. Flawless!!! Just warms my heart and shows me how much I love Jehovah and the worldwide association of Brothers.

http://youtu.be/pKcZL8Tj7M8

• whathappened
    whathappened

I remember the old green songbook from the 1950's. I loved those songs and sang them as a child. This newest songbook is whack. They changed the songs and not for the better. I don't ever want to hear the songs from those songbooks again.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Remember "Loves excelling way" ?

There was a sister in our congregation when I was growing up who was a throwback from the 1950's and she used to sing the Kingdom songs in the stylings of Connie Francis who was dubbed (the girl with a tear in her voice). The Sister's name was Shirley but we called her Shirley Francis connie francis

We'd all be waiting in anticipation whenever Love's excelling way was to be sung. Complete with pleading facial expressions and swaying head movements she'd drag out the firrrrst and laaaast word of every verse....especially the word love LOOOOOVE. She had a nice voice ...even looked like Connie Francis but her verses dragged out much longer than the rest of the congregation and her whimpers could be heard above and beyond everyone elses voices. You almost expected her to take a bow at the end. One time a little toddler sitting in front of her was looking at her quisically...really studying her and then started imitating her voice by mimicking the sounds she was making which came out more like a dogs howl which of course made us all snicker.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I remember the magenta book, then after that was the brown book, right? I'm trying to forget these songs because I would never sing them. My mother would complain that we would sing "worldly" songs but not kingdom hall songs. But there was this one sister that must have taken music lessons. She was an alto and she would sing harmony. I loved sitting near her.

• POs Son
    POs Son

Forward, You Witnesses was authored by Erich Frost. From the United States Holucost Museum:

Musician Erich Frost was a devout Jehovah's Witness active in the religious resistance to Hitler's authority. Frost was caught smuggling pamphlets from Switzerland to Germany and was deported to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp near Berlin. There, he composed this song in 1942. Frost survived the war and died in 1987. This translation is taken from the Jehovah's Witness Songbook.

Simone Arnold Liebster, who sings the English version of the song, was born in 1930 in Mulhouse, French Alsace. After the incorporation of Alsace into the German Reich during World War II, Liebster's family suffered increasing harrassment from the Nazis for following the Jehovah's Witness faith. Eventually both her father (Adolphe Arnold) and mother were arrested and sent to concentration and detention camps while she was placed in a correctional institution for "nonconformist" youth. Liebster has published an autobiography, Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe

Link to page with an original vocal recording: http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/media_so.php?MediaId=3941

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

brown book. song 114. we are jehovahs witnesses.

Oddly enough. right> I can still remember the chourus to this day. Yikes. i used to sing this song 24/7 when i was little. I have No earthly idea why.

There were a coupl eothers but i cant remember them

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

the warrior king song was also one of them and fealessly go. i guess because of the beat.

I couldnt sing worth a DAMN still cant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit