Those Wonderful Kingdom Songs

by Quendi 56 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I actually enjoyed several from the brown book-threw it out. Here's what I liked: song# 195" This is Jhvh's day"(Come rejoice)

The following are 3 favourites I remember- wish I had the book.

#35- : "Love's Excelling Way" and #111 The light Gets Brighter ( not the one in the new book) and #15? Life Without End (At Last)

• renderme
    renderme

There is only one song that I loved because it was my mom's favorite and I often find myself humming it when I am missing her (she passed away 15 years ago) I think the song was called "Integrity" or something..it had a pretty melody and the chorus was "But as for me, determined I shall be to walk eternally in my integrity"

I also liked the song they played at every memorial...haven't been to a memorial in about 10 years so I don't know if they are still using that song.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

renderme- that was song 160- "Walking In Integrity" .... with evil men, take not away my life...... But as for me, determined I shall be, to walk eternally, in my integrity"

----------

I also liked the (old song) 191-"Make the truth your own"

• dog is god
    dog is god

At least the green book was written in four part harmony and there were chorists at big assemblies. As for the brown. "Pease without end, at last" I liked (my own version). They have the absolutely worst song writers and arrangers ever, ever, ever!!!!!!!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

A Victory Song. Was a very intense song that we rarely sang. The new songbook ruined it

• Splash
    Splash

I liked that wedding song: Stay awake, Stand firm, Grow mighty!

Splash.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My favorite one is when the tape got eaten near the beginning, the record started skipping forward, or the CD mistracked and could not read the track.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

growing up as a JW i just loved the song CHILDREN-PRECIOUS GIFTS FROM GOD especially this line: " They are gifts from God; He says: ‘Use the rod.’" even as a preschooler i refused to sing this song.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello quendi,

when I had my bible study, my daughter sneezed, I said to her " Bless You "

The sister who studied wit me corrected me, and explained that I did not have

the power to bless my daughter, so it was rediculous to say such

Here are the startin' lyrics to the song " Bless Jehovah, O my Soul "

' All my soul will bless jehovah, my lips to praise his Holy name"

Question: what am I missin' ?????? If I don't have the power to say bless you to my daughter

how can I have the power to bless Jehovah , who is greater than me ??????

This is not a trick question, can anyone explain this to me

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bump

Looks to me like song # 1 was worthless

if I can't get an explanation to my question

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit