Let's Discuss Ray Franz's Books

by Recovery 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

as long as it somehow proves Jehovah's Witnesses are not God's people.

We don`t have to prove a thing..

If you claim JW`s are Gods people..

Your the one who has to Supply the Proof..

So..

Have you read "Crisis oF Concience"?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Recovery,

Who gives a shit about scriptual debate? Most of us had our fill of it for decades. I for one don't ever want to debate scriptures even though many of my past posts talked of only "still" being a Christian.

Debate time is in the past. It is now time for living my wonderful life with whatever years I have left.

HappyDad (an aging senior)

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Recovery... why are you discussing this subject with known apostates? why are you even a member of this board? Don't you know that this is against Watchtower policy and could lead to your DESTRUCTION in Armageddon?

• Fernando
    Fernando

While we are waiting for Discovery to return, with answers that may never come, maybe I could make a quick side comment...

@The Searcher:

Really enjoyed your comments.

They call themselves brothers and sisters, yet it is regarded as apostasy to end a letter as "your brother/sister in Christ".

They address a spirit entity as father, yet deny being sons of God.

(Hebrews 2:11) . . .For both he who is sanctifying and those who are being sanctified all [stem] from one, and for this cause he is not ashamed to call them “brothers,”

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

C o C is an autobiography of a former GB member who was disfellowshipped because he disagreed with the GB. no need to debate. JWs have never tried to discount his account. They don't care, other than to demonize him by calling him an apostate.

I left JWs after attending Gilead because I learned that the teachings of JWs have changed all to frequently, That none of their "prophecies" have come true, and that they are just another cult.

I read C o C after I left. So I don't care to debate the book. Franz is right, for anyone who cares. But I'm not going to waste my time arguing.

Heres a trivia question: Where is the generation that saw 1914? Six feet under. It was a lie. As Franz demonstrates in C o C.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

As an aside, most former JWs leave because of something other than that book. Whatever.....

• binadub
    binadub

Franz's second book, "In Search of Christian Freedom" is the one that refutes JW doctrines.

~Binadub

• tornapart
    tornapart

If you want to discuss the book then read it first. If you want to know what it's about then why don't you just read the reviews on amazon?

Ray Franz opens up those 'what goes on behind closed doors'. His troubled conscience made him step down from the GB. He contiued in a local congregation until he was Df'ed. Why was he DF'ed? Because he was caught eating a meal with a man (who had DA'ed himself) who had the kindness to give him a home and job when he was penniless. At the time eating a meal with DA'ed person was not a disfellowshipping offence.

It seems to me that you are just a stirrer who wants to disturb a hornets nest. You don't seem to be open to any genuine debate, or have any genuine questions. So why don't you just go and do your own research?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@FERNANDO

Thanks for your comments.

I try to base my beliefs purely on the Bible, not what appears in literature.

The following Scriptures are unambiguous as to who God views as sons, as well as brothers of Christ!

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

(Matthew 13:38)

The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40)

To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35)

Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.”

(Luke 8:21)

In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

(John 1:12,13)

However, as many as did receive him , to them he gave authority

to become God’s children.........

(John 15:14)

YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU .

(Rom. 8:14)

For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1)

Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God .......... (Revised Standard Version)

• Recovery
    Recovery

Oh boy, 3 pages of questions in this thread, another page in the 609 thread, and 2 more in the Grandfather advice thread? Haa. I think my future thread on Candace Conti will be far more interesting, but just for the heck of it i'll wad thru the muck and see if I can find something more than rhetoric.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit